- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News Please don't sign farm bills: Sukhhbir Badal appeals to President
- Sports IPL 2020: Buttler to miss Royals' opening game due to quarantine requirement
- Movies Palak Tiwari And Vivek Anand Oberoi's First Look From Rosie The Saffron Chapter Gets Unveiled
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amit Aggarwal’s Latest Collection Is About Soothing Underwater Hues
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Technology Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is all set to introduce their new sub-4-metre compact-SUV, the Urban Cruiser on 23 September in the Indian market. The new Toyota Urban Cruiser, which is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
The company officially started accepting bookings for the compact-SUV last month. The Urban Cruiser can be made either online or through any of Toyota's dealerships across India for an amount of Rs 11,000.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser looks different (as the company has tweaked a lot of things) than the Maruti Suzuki Brezza. At the front, it gets twin-slat grille, the front bumper features cuts and creases, an in-built faux bull bar and faux skid plate. It also gets chrome treatment all around the body. These tweaks done to the car, helps it look different from the Brezza. Apart from this, the Urban Cruiser looks almost like the Vitara Brezza as they share the same body parts.
On the inside, the Urban Cruiser will get new upholstery and dashboard colours, but apart from that, the interior will be similar to that of the Brezza. It will also be equipped with the same SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system seen on all Maruti Suzuki models as well as the Toyota Glanza.
Mechanically, the Urban Cruiser is expected to use the same engine and transmission that is currently featured on the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. It comes powered by a 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. The unit produces 104bhp of power and 138Nm of peak torque and comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV
The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. However, the company seems to be getting a good response for the SUV, even ahead of its official launch. The Urban Cruiser will go up against the likes of the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Vitara Brezza in the Indian Market.