- 17 min ago Tata Hexa BS6 XMA 4X4 Variant Spotted Testing In Pune: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 17 min ago TVS Sport BS6 Registers Highest Fuel-Efficiency Of 110.12km/l: Enters Asia Book Of Records
- 1 hr ago Nissan Magnite India Launch Rumored By End 2020: Will Rival Toyota Urban Cruiser
- 16 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- News Is India ready for war asks Swamy, demands white paper
- Movies Vijayakanth Tests Positive for COVID-19, Hospitalised: Reports
- Sports No need to criticise Pat Cummins, says Kolkata Knight Riders captain Dinesh Karthik
- Finance Banking Stocks Look Weak But Brokerages Are Bullish On This Private Bank
- Technology Google Pixel 5, Pixel 4a 5G Massive Leak; Launch Set For September 30
- Lifestyle Ankita Lokhande Or Erica Fernandes, Whose White Saree Is Prettier And Who Pulled It Off Better?
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
The Toyota RAV4 SUV is confirmed to arrive in the Indian market in mid-2021. The SUV will feature hybrid technology and is expected to be priced around Rs 60 lakh, ex-showroom. It could be available in limited numbers when launched in the country.
According to Autocar India, the Japenese automaker will import the RAV4 SUV into the country via (CUB) Completely Built Units. Toyota will make use of the new Indian import rules to bring the RAV4.
The latest Indian import rules dictate that the companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation. However, all vehicles imported into the country have to meet International Automotive Standards.
Although there are relaxations on imported units for limited numbers, the pricing will still be high due to the increased duties for vehicles arriving as CBUs. As a result, it could very well be placed above the Fortuner SUV when launched in the market.
The RAV4 dimensions read as 4600mm in length, 1855mm in width, and 1685mm in height along with a wheelbase 2690mm in length. The dimension of the upcoming SUV is similar to that of a mid-size SUV such as the MG Hector and the Tata Harrier; among others.
The RAV4 SUV features an aggressive-looking front fascia with chrome grille, sleek LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED taillamps, flared wheel arches, scuff plates at both ends and dual chrome exhaust tips; among others. The SUV also features multiple alloy wheel size ranging between 17inch and 19-inch, depending on the variant.
On the inside, it features an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest connected technology. It also features a digital rear-view mirror, JBL premium audio system, wireless phone charging, semi-digital instrument cluster, and an electrically operated panoramic sunroof; among others.
The RAV4 comes powered by a 2.5-litre petrol engine with optional hybrid technology. The company is expected to bring the hybrid-petrol unit when launched in India. The 2.5-Litre DOHC engine is paired to an electric motor coupled to a (Li-ion) Lithium-ion battery pack.
The hybrid-petrol produces a combined output of 221bhp mated to a CVT transmission. The power is sent to all four wheels using an electrically operated system. The company claims an overall fuel efficiency of 40MPG which translates to around 17km/l. Whether these figures will hold good for Indian road condition remains to be seen.
Thoughts About The Toyota RAV4 SUV Launching In India
The Toyota RAV4 will be placed higher up the price bracket when launched in India. However, it will be packed with features and the brand hybrid-technology offering a balance between performance and fuel efficiency. Having a four-wheel-drive system will further cater to a wider audience in the market as well.