- 3 min ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Review: The Most Capable Off-Roader With An Affordable Price Tag!
- 39 min ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 49 min ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- 1 hr ago Best-Selling Cars In India For July 2020: Maruti Alto Retains Its Top-Selling Car Title Yet Again!
- Movies Rishi Kapoor Was Certain Mulk Would Get Banned By The Censor Board, Recalls Anubhav Sinha
- Lifestyle Gayatri Japam 2020: Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Samsung Galaxy M31s: OnePlus Nord, Oppo Reno4 And More
- Sports Marquez all set to return at Czech MotoGP
- News NEET Superspecialty Exam 2020 exam table released; register on natboard.edu.in before 24 August
- Finance Spencer's Retail Rights Issue Opens On 4 August: Details Here
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is said to be working on introducing a CNG version of their popular Innova Crysta MPV in the Indian market. The Toyota Innova Crysta CNG variant is expected to go on sale in the country sometime later this year.
Ahead of its launch, Rushlane has released spy pics of the CNG-powered Toyota Innova Crysta. The test mule can also be seen with the ‘2.7' badging, confirming that the factory-fitted CNG kit will be available with the petrol-powered variants of the MPV.
There is currently very little information about the bi-fuel variant of the Toyota Innova Crysta MPV. However, we do expect that the Toyota Innova Crysta CNG model will come with a significant reduction in power and torque outputs, compared to its petrol-powered version.
The standard 2.7-litre petrol engine on the Toyota Innova Crysta produces around 166bhp and 245Nm of peak torque. The engine is further mated to a five-speed manual or a six-speed automatic transmission unit.
The CNG kit on the Toyota Innova Crysta will be offered on its lower variants. The Toyota Innova Crysta CNG is also expected to be offered with just the five-speed manual gearbox as standard. Features and equipment on the Toyota Innova Crysta CNG, however, will remain identical to that of its standard petrol-powered models in the country.
Apart from the petrol engine, the Innova Crysta MPV is also offered with a diesel unit as well. This comes in the form of a 2.4-litre engine producing 150bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. The price difference between BS6-compliant petrol and diesel-powered trims is around Rs 2 lakh. According to reports, Toyota is hoping that the upcoming CNG model can fill the gap between the two.
The Toyota Innova Crysta is one of the most popular MPVs in the country, having been on sale for a long time. Toyota will be hoping that the bi-fuel (petrol + CNG) trims on the Innova Crysta will further attract more customers towards the MPV. The Toyota Innova Crysta also now has a new competitor in the country, in the form of the six-seater Hector Plus SUV.
Thoughts On The Toyota Innova Crysta CNG MPV Spy Pics
The Toyota Innova Crysta CNG spy pics have confirmed that a new variant of the MPV is about to enter the Indian market soon. At the price point of the Innova Crysta CNG, the MPV will have no direct rivals in the country, however, another MPV which does come with a CNG variant is the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga.