- 11 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- 12 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Accessories List Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Is The Complete List
- 13 hrs ago Triumph Trident Is In Its Final Testing Phase: Expected To Launch Sometime Next Year
- 13 hrs ago Ampere Launches New Electric Scooter Variants: Gets Added Features, Improved Mileage & More
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2020: Irresistible Offers On Electronics Gadgets
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs RR: Young Gill, Mavi and Nagarkoti shine in Knight Riders' big win over Royals
- Movies Thani Oruvan 2: The Jayam Ravi-Mohan Raja Project To Start Rolling In February 2021?
- Education SSC CGL Tier 3 Result 2020: Check Skill Test And Document Verification Details
- News Karnataka to effect steep hike in penalty for not wearing masks
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi’s Stunning Golden Dress And Funny Expressions Leaves Fans Smitten
- Finance SBI Customers Can Check Balance, View Passbook Without Logging In SBI YONO App: Here's How
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
The Toyota Hilux pick-up SUV has been spotted arriving in India. The Hilux has been spotted previously testing in India. However, there is no official confirmation from the company for its plans on the Hilux SUV in India.
Latest spy image from Motorbeam, reveals a freight truck transporting a couple of examples of the Hilux pick-up truck in the country. According to the reports, the freight truck was travelling on the Durgapur Expressway (NH2) in West Bengal.
The Hilux is built on the same IMV-2 platform that currently underpins the Toyota Fortuner and the Innova Crysta MPV. As a result, it could be relatively easy for the company to bring the pick-up SUV in the country.
In addition to this, all other mechanicals such as the engine, transmission, suspension, and the brake setup is also shared among the afore-mentioned models that are already on sale in the Indian market.
The Hilux is currently being sold across various international markets across the world. It is offered with the same 2.4-litre and 2.8-litre diesel engine as seen on the Innova Crysta and Fortuner, respectively.
The 2.4-litre engine produces a maximum of 148bhp at 3400rpm and a peak torque of 360Nm at 1400rpm. While the top-specs 2.8-litre engine produces a maximum of 174bhp at 3400rpm and a peak torque of 450Nm at 1600rpm. Both engines are offered with six-speed manual and automatic transmission options with power sent to all four wheels.
The Hilux features a commanding and bold stance with flared wheel arches and blacked-out body cladding around the pick-up SUV. The international model features LED headlamps, tail lamps, along with turn-signal indicators.
The SUV also features a loading bay along with 18-inch dual-tone diamond-cut alloy wheels, stuff plates at both ends, roof rails, and a drop-down tailgate, which will help in climbing inside the loading bay as well.
On this inside, the pick-up SUV is offered with a decent amount of features along with a well-made cabin. The feature list includes a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment display that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a semi-digital instrument cluster with a 4.2-inch MID.
Other features include a six-speaker audio system, automatic climate control, 4-spoke leather steering wheel, Push-button start, power-operated driver seat, multiple power modes, and the brand's latest connected technology; among others.
Safety equipment list on the SUV includes multiple airbags, ISOFIX mounts, front and rear parking sensors, pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control, ABS with EBD, Active Traction Control and more.
Thoughts About The Toyota Hilux Pick-Up SUV Spotted Arriving In India
The pick-up SUV segment for private buyers is still a niche market in India. The Isuzu V-Cross D-Max is the only model that is currently on sale in the Indian market in the pick-up SUV segment. If launched, the Toyota Hilux will rival the Isuzu SUV in India.