- 31 min ago New Royal Enfield Classic (2021) Spied Testing Again Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 58 min ago Komaki High-Speed Electric Two-Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 96,000
- 14 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Teased On Website Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exports Begin In India: First Batch SUVs Shipped Overseas
- Sports MS Dhoni comparisons amazing but Rishabh Pant wants a name for himself in Indian cricket
- Movies Katrina Kaif's Sister Isabelle Kaif To Romance Pulkit Samrat In Suswagatam Khushaamadeed
- Finance RIL Climbs To Near 3-Month High On Reports Of SEBI Appoval For Future Group Deal
- Technology FAU-G Game Launching On January 26: What To Expect
- News Budget 2021: PM Modi to chair all-party meeting on January 30 virtually
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Makes Our Day Bright And Happy By Treating Us With Her Colourful Look In A Pretty Co-ord Set
- Education RRB NTPC Phase 3 Exam Date 2021 And Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In January 2021
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is expected to launch a few facelift versions of its existing model line-up in the Indian market. This includes the upcoming Fortuner facelift model, which is expected to arrive soon in the country.
Adding to the speculations, the recent report from TeamBHP states that some of the dealers in the country have begun accepting bookings for the upcoming Fortuner facelift unofficially. The report also states that the production of the outgoing SUV model has been spotted to accommodate manufacturing of the facelift model.
The Toyota Fortuner facelift model has already made its debut in international markets ahead of its launch in India. Additionally, the full-size SUV has also been spotted testing several times in the country.
The Fortuner facelift model features a host of updates inside and out. This includes a restyled front bumper, sleek-looking headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, redesigned blacked-out grille and the central air intake, and a new faux skid plate; among others. Other exterior updates include new LED tail lights, boot lid, new rear bumper design and 18-inch alloy wheels as well.
Moving to the interiors, the SUV features minor improvements with most of the equipment carried over from the previous model. This includes a new 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system that now supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other feature additions include an updated instrument cluster, eight-way adjustable front seats, nine-speaker JBL audio system, and more.
Apart from the updated features list, the rest of the equipment will be carried over from the outgoing model. This includes safety features such as multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, vehicle stability control, ISOFIX child seat anchorage and more.
In international markets, the Fortuner has been updated with a powerful version of the 2.8-litre diesel engine that produces more than 204bhp and 500Nm of torque. In comparison, the same engine in the India-spec SUV produces 175bhp and 420Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or an automatic gearbox. Whether Toyota will bring the updated engine to the Indian market remains to be seen.
In addition to the diesel powertrain, the outgoing model is offered with a 2.7-litre petrol engine that produces 165bhp and 245Nm of torque. It comes mated to a five-speed manual or an optional six-speed automatic transmission. The petrol powertrain is expected to be carried forward to the facelifted model as well.
Once launched the new Toyota Fortuner facelift model will rival the Ford Endeavour, the Skoda Kodiaq, the Mahindra Alturas G4 and the upcoming MG Gloster SUV in the Indian market. The facelifted model is also expected to receive a slight increase in its pricing when launched.
Thoughts About The Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Commencing In India
The Toyota Fortuner is the brand's popular flagship SUV model in the country. The full-size SUV will be getting the much-needed facelift to help stand out against its newly launched rivals in the segment. The powerful diesel engine could be a welcome addition to the SUV giving it an enhanced appeal.