- 1 hr ago Hero Xpulse 200 BS6 Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Jawa Motorcycles Said To Be Working On Electric Bikes For India: Unveil Expected Only By 2021
- 17 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 19 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- Lifestyle 8 Lip Products That Every Woman Must-Have In Her Make-up Bag
- Movies Indian Idol All Set To Return With Season 12; To Have Virtual Auditions Due To COVID-19
- Sports Ben Stokes took cigarette break to calm nerves ahead of World Cup final Super Over
- News Coronavirus: Arvind Kejriwal launches second plasma bank for COVID-19 patients in Delhi
- Finance Barbeque Nation Gets Approval From SEBI To Issue IPO
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Global Variant Gets NCC Certification; New Design Confirmed
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Toyota Fortuner facelift model will likely make its global debut on June 4, 2020. The facelifted SUV has been spied a couple of times ahead of its debut revealing few of the changes made to the upcoming SUV.
According to Autocar India, the Japenese auto manufacturer will unveil the Toyota Fortuner facelift model on June 4. However, the facelifted SUV will only be getting launched next year in the Indian market.
Before the Toyota Fortuner facelift launch in India, the company is expected to introduce a new ‘Special Edition' model of the SUV that is currently on sale in the country. The new variant is expected to launch in India sometime during this year.
Coming back to the Toyota Fortuner facelift model, the SUV features a host new changes to its exteriors. This includes restyled front bumper, sleek-looking headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, redesigned blacked-out grille and the central air intake, and a new faux skid plate; among others. Other exterior updates include new LED taillights, boot lid, new rear bumper design and a new 17-inch alloy wheels as well.
On the inside, the Fortuner facelift model is expected to receive minor upgrades to enhance the premium look and feel of the cabin. These include updated leather upholstery, a new touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology as well.
In the international markets, the Fortuner is offered with a more powerful version of the 2.8-litre diesel engine that produces more than 200bhp. Whether the updated version of the engine will make to the Indian shores remains to be seen.
The current model that is on sale in the Indian market is being offered with two engine options. The 2.7-litre petrol engine that produces 165bhp and 245Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed manual or an optional six-speed automatic transmission. The 2.8-litre unit churning out 175bhp and 420Nm of torque, and comes paired to either a six-speed manual or an automatic gearbox.
Once launched the new Toyota Fortuner facelift model will rival the Ford Endeavour, the Skoda Kodiaq, the Mahindra Alturas G4 and the upcoming MG Gloster SUV in the Indian market. By the time the Toyota Fortuner facelifted model arrives in the country, we expect more rivals to get added to the list.
In related news, Toyota and Maruti-Suzuki are all set to take their alliance to the next step. Maruti Suzuki has announced that they will start delivering the Vitara Brezza compact-SUV to Toyota Kirloskar Motor as part of the alliance between both brands.
The Vitara Brezza will be rebadged by Toyota with minor changes and will go on sale sometime during this year. Toyota's compact-SUV is likely to be called as the ‘Urban Crusier' when launched in India — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut
The Toyota Fortuner has been one of the best selling models for the brand in the Indian and international markets as well. The facelifted SUV is expected to come packed with features to match the power under the bonnet making it a complete package. However, we are some time away to get the facelifted SUV in our market.