- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 18 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 19 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 21 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News 'Catch the rain': PM Modi pitches for water conservation ahead of summers
- Sports Sune Luus to lead South Africa women in India; Van Niekerk, Chloe Tryon still out due to injuries
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Movies Parineeti Chopra's Saina: Makers Eyeing For A Theatrical Release; Read Details
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Toyota Kirloskar Motors is looking to start the year 2021 with a bang. The company will be launching the much-awaited Fortuner facelift model on January 6, 2021. The new Fortuner will replace the outgoing model which was last updated in 2016.
Toyota will most likely introduce the ‘Legender' variant of the 2021 Fortuner. The special-edition variant of the SUV will feature a host of cosmetic changes over the standard model. This includes several blacked-out trims and more. The SUV was recently spotted undisguised — here are all details.
Speaking about the Fortuner facelift model, it will be similar to the international-spec model already unveiled in various markets. The updated SUV features a host of updates interior and exterior updates.
This includes a restyled front bumper, sleek-looking headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, redesigned blacked-out grille and the central air intake, and a new faux skid plate; among others. Other exterior updates include new LED tail lights, boot lid, new rear bumper design and 18-inch alloy wheels as well.
Moving to the interiors, the SUV features minor improvements. Starting with a new 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system that now supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other feature additions include an updated instrument cluster, eight-way adjustable front seats, nine-speaker JBL audio system, and more.
Apart from the updated features list, the rest of the equipment will be carried over from the outgoing model. This includes safety features such as multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, vehicle stability control, ISOFIX child seat anchorage and more.
In international markets, the Fortuner has been updated with a powerful version of the 2.8-litre diesel engine that produces more than 204bhp and 500Nm of torque. In comparison, the same engine in the India-spec SUV produces 175bhp and 420Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or an automatic gearbox. Whether Toyota will bring the updated engine to the Indian-spec Fortuner facelift model remains to be seen.
In addition to the diesel powertrain, it will also be offered with the 2.7-litre petrol engine from the outgoing model. The petrol unit produces a maximum of 165bhp and a peak torque of 245Nm. It comes mated to a five-speed manual or an optional six-speed automatic transmission.
The 2021 Fortuner features a host of updates over the outgoing model. As a result, the facelifted SUV expected to receive a slight increase in its pricing when launched in the country. The outgoing Fortuner retails between 28.66 lakh and 34.43 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift Launching In India
The Toyota Fortuner is the brand's flagship SUV model in the country. The SUV is getting a much-needed update to help stand out against its newly launched rivals in the segment. Once launched the new Toyota Fortuner facelift model will rival the Ford Endeavour, the Skoda Kodiaq, the Mahindra Alturas G4 and the MG Gloster SUV in the market.