- 2 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 5 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 7 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- Movies Malaika Arora Feels ‘Chaiyya Chaiyya’ Should Not Be Remixed: ‘It Is Iconic’
- News Delhi police seals AAP councilor Tahir Hussain's factory in Khajoori Khas
- Technology Indian Consumes 11GB Data Per Month: Nokia
- Finance Axis Bank Appoints New CFO
- Lifestyle Dia Mirza Looks Radiant In Her Pink And Golden Colour-Blocked Silk Sari
- Sports India vs New Zealand: Virat Kohli, Pujara find new angles at nets to tackle NZ bowlers
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
The Toyota Fortuner BS6 model is rather close to launch, but engine specification of the company's successful model have surfaced. A Pune based dealer has also confirmed that booking have been opened for an amount of Rs 50,000, and that deliveries will closer to the beginning of March.
Engine specifications that have been revealed by GaadiWaadi show that the Toyota Fortuner BS6 models will be offered with the same 2.7-litre petrol and 2.8-litre engines that are featured on the current-generation vehicles, albeit in a BS6 avatar.
There is no information about the power and performance figures of the Fortuner BS6 models at the moment, but the current 2.7-litre petrol engine produces 164bhp of power and 245Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to five-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmissions.
The current 2.8-litre diesel engines produce 174bhp of power and 450Nm of torque. This engine comes mated to a six-speed manual and a six-speed automatic transmission. The diesel models are also available with a 4WD system.
No cosmetic changes are expected at either the exterior and or the interior of the Toyota Fortuner BS6 model. The vehicle will continue to feature an electric sunroof, cruise control, leather upholstery, an electric tailgate release, and an eight-way electronically adjustable driver's seat.
The SUV will also feature a nine-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible.
Safety features are expected to include ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, multiple airbags, hill assist control, whiplash concept front seat, three-point ELR seat belts, an engine immobiliser, and a speed-auto lock with emergency unlocking system.
The current-generation of Toyota Fortuner models are priced between Rs 28.18 lakh and Rs 34.20 lakh, (ex-showroom, India). We expect the SUV to carry a premium of roughly between Rs 50,000 and Rs 75,000.
In Toyota related news, the company is planning to launch its second re-badged model after the Toyota Glanza. The company is accelerating its plans after witnessing success in sales of the Glanza. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Engine Specifications Of The Toyota Fortuner BS6 Models Unveiled
Industry expectations were that the Toyota Fortuner BS6 models would arrive with just the necessary engine upgrade. And we think these upgrade will suffice for now.