- 59 min ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago All-New 2020 Fifth-Generation Honda City To Launch On July 15 In India
- 2 hrs ago Renault Kiger Snapped Testing Once Again Before Its India Launch
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan On What Kind Of Project Will Make Him And Aishwarya Rai Reunite On Screen
- News Let us code for Aatmanirbhar Bharat, PM Modi says in push for home grown apps
- Sports Aavishkar Salvi named head coach of Puducherry cricket team
- Finance IT Dept Makes Changes To Challan For Non-Resident E-Commerce Companies
- Technology iQOO Z1x 5G Set To Debut On July 9: Another Mid-Range Gaming Handset?
- Lifestyle 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Toyota India has just announced that its BS6-compliant Toyota Camry has been launched at a starting price of Rs 37.88 lakh ex-showroom — making it Rs 93,000 more expensive than its outgoing BS4 model that was priced at Rs 36.95 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom India.
According to Zigwheels, the new BS6 compliant Toyota Camry features a large touchscreen infotainment system, a JBL audio system, ventilated and electronically controlled front passenger and driver seats, and a heads-up display.
Toyota's updated Camry model also features cruise control, a power-adjustable steering column, rear sun-blinds and a panoramic sunroof. As far as safety features are concerned, the new BS6 compliant Camry models feature nine airbags, ABS with EBD, parking sensors, a rearview camera, electronic stability control, and an electric parking brake function, among a host of other features.
The Toyota Camry is powered by its existing 2.5-litre hybrid powertrain that has been upgraded to meet the new Bharat Stage 6 emission standards. The set up consists of a petrol engine that is mated to an electric motor.
The petrol engine produces 176 brake horsepower and 221Nm of torque, while the electric motor produces 118 brake horsepower and 202Nm. The vehicle is offered only with a Constant Variable Transmission at the moment. In addition, it can be driven like a traditional internal combustion engine, a pure electric vehicle, or a combination of both.
The Toyota Camry BS6 models are available in seven colour options — White, Silver, Red, Brown, Graphite, and two shades of Black. The vehicle will primarily compete with the soon to be launched Skoda Superb TSI.
In related news, Toyota recently announced a partial resumption of operations across the country. Adhering to all the advisories issued by the government and local authorities, the company has partially reopened 171 dealerships across the country. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Toyota Camry BS Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 37.88 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
Well, an increase of Rs 93,000 is not bad considering the quality of vehicles Toyota offers. Yes, it sounds a lot considering the times we're in, but we're sure the price is justified. We hope the vehicle retails as much as it did before the nationwide lock down as a result of the Covid-19 virus.