- 51 min ago Nissan Magnite India Launch Rumored By End 2020: Will Rival Toyota Urban Cruiser
- 16 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 16 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 17 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Movies Chinmayi Criticises Kangana Ranaut’s Views On Depression; Asks Queen Actress To ‘Take Help’
- News Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh to be first Rafale woman fighter pilot
- Lifestyle Ankita Lokhande Or Erica Fernandes, Whose White Saree Is Prettier And Who Pulled It Off Better?
- Sports IPL 2020: Rohit Sharma is now fourth in the 'hit' list!
- Finance This Pharma Stock Has Promising Outlook And An Upgrade From Sharekhan
- Technology Vivo Watch Announced With Blood Oxygen Sensor, Up To 18-Day Battery Life And More
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) today announced leading Indian actor, singer and youth icon Mr Ayushmann Khurrana as the Brand Ambassador for the all-new Toyota Urban Cruiser. The company will be launching the compact-SUV on September 23, 2020.
The company is accepting pre-bookings for a token amount of Rs 11,000. Customers can book the SUV online or at any of the authorised dealerships across the country. Toyota is also offering free maintenance up to 2 years or 20,000 KMs to select customers — here are all details.
Sharing his thoughts on the announcement, Mr Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, Sales and Service, TKM, said, "Mr Ayushmann Khurrana is an exemplar of a self-made actor, someone who is extremely versatile and respected by critics and audience alike. His story is an inspiration to many young people and resonates the spirit of the all-new Urban Cruiser."
"Toyota as a brand has a similar story - we are one of the largest, most-respected automobile companies in the world constantly pushing the boundaries. We are innovative and introduce products and services that are relevant, valuable and truly connects with our customers."
"The all-new Urban Cruiser is one such offering for those who aspire to own a Toyota SUV at an early stage in their lives. We are extremely delighted to announce Mr Ayushmann Khurrana as our brand ambassador. We are confident that with this association, we will be able to connect with the customers, especially the young, across the nook and corners of the country," he concluded.
Talking about this association with Toyota Urban Cruiser, Mr Ayushmann Khurrana said, "When people ask me about my journey, the love and respect I have earned in the entertainment industry, I always say ‘Respect is simply an outcome of what I have done'. Therefore, I love the idea of ‘respect' being the mantra of the Urban Cruiser. I am thrilled to be associated with Toyota Urban Cruiser and look forward to sharing more details about the young urban SUV".
The Toyota compact-SUV will be powered by the same engine and transmission that is currently featured on the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. It comes powered by a 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology.
It produces a maximum of 104bhp and a peak torque of 138Nm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
The Urban Cruiser is essentially a rebadged Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza with a couple of design tweaks. The Urban Cruiser's interiors carry the same design as ones seen on Vitara Brezza. However, there are a few significant changes including the new dual-tone dark brown and black theme inside the cabin.
The company is also offering the compact-SUV with a host of colour schemes. This includes six solid colour options and three dual-tone schemes. The dual-tone options could available on the top-spec trims only.
Thoughts About Toyota Appointing Ayushmann Khurrana As Brand Ambassador For Urban Cruiser
Ayushmann Khurrana is a well-renowned actor who has given some great movies in the India cinema industry. The actor is also known to be the youth icon and has a massive following across the country. With as the Brand Ambassador for the upcoming Urban Cruiser SUV, the company aims to boost sales primarily targeting the younger audience.