- 1 min ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- 13 min ago Best-Selling Cars In India For July 2020: Maruti Alto Retains Its Top-Selling Car Title Yet Again!
- 41 min ago Check This Beautifully Modified Premier Padmini: Read More To Find Out
- 43 min ago BMW Re-Launches 320d In India Starting At Rs 42.10 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Lifestyle World Breastfeeding Week 2020: 5 Different Breastfeeding Positions For Mothers
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 3 Promotional Offer; You Can Win ROG Phone 3
- News Ram Mandir Bhoomi Pujan: No Electronic devices, bags allowed; security code to ensure single entry
- Sports Ronaldo buys World's most expensive car, a Bugatti Centodieci
- Movies Naagin 5: Sharad Malhotra To Play Main Lead In Ekta Kapoor's Show?
- Finance Spencer's Retail Rights Issue Opens On 4 August: Details Here
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced that it will resume production at its Bidadi facility from Monday, 20 July. The announcement comes after the revised directives issued by the Government of Karnataka.
The new directives allow for residents in Bengaluru (urban and rural districts) to commute to industries located inside dedicated industrial zones. Operations at the facility were suspended last Tuesday after the facility finished its second shift.
Toyota's top priority is to protect the health and safety of its employees and their families. The brand said it would continue to monitor the crisis and is taking every possible preventive and remedial measure, and is closely working with its stakeholders and other statutory authorities.
The company has been judicious about the number of employees working at its Bidadi facility ever since it restarted operations earlier. Between 40 and 45 percent of its workforce has been operational in order to maintain social distancing norms.
All employees have to self-declare health conditions on an everyday basis. In addition, the brand has been ensuring that in a situation where an employee tests positive for Covid-19 positive, quarantine measures are in place to isolate employees who have had direct and indirect contact with.
The company has also extended all support to the infected employees during treatments. Additionally, the facility is being thoroughly disinfected on a daily basis.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has also modified its medical insurance policies to include treatments for Covid-19, and has increased coverage for all its employees and their family members. The brand's corporate and regional offices employees continue to work from home.
In addition to safety protocols that are in place, TKM has initiated the task of providing safety kits that contain hand sanitizers, 3PLY masks and handwashes to over 5000 employees, their families, and their neighborhoods effectively benefitting over 25,000 families that make up multiple communities.
Thoughts About Toyota Resuming Operation At Their Bidadi Facility On 20 July
Toyota definitely understands the urgency of the situation and is taking steps towards the larger interest of saving lives and security of society. As with their vehicles, the brand is working towards offering quality lives and is working closely with Government issued guidelines, and their own internal standards.