- 8 min ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 17 hrs ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- News Through diplomatic channels and dialogue says Rajnath Singh on resolution with China
- Movies Sarkar Vaari Paata: Mahesh Babu To Announce Details Of His Next Film #SSMB27 At 9.09 AM Today!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Finance Motilal Oswal Sets 46% Upside Target On Shares Of Coal India
- Sports Coronavirus: Ten positive tests confirmed in Championship
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The list of the top-10 best-selling SUVs in the Indian market for the month of March 2020 has been released. The top-selling SUV in India for March 2020 continues to be the Kia Seltos. The mid-size SUV registered 7,466 units of sales in the previous month; retaining the title for the third time in a row.
The Kia Seltos was introduced in August 2019 and since then has received an overwhelming response in the Indian market. Kia Motors recently announced that sales of the Seltos since its launch crossed over 80,000 units.
Following the Kia Seltos, is its cousin the new Hyundai Creta. The Creta has long been one of the best-selling SUVs in the Indian market. However, with the introduction of newer rivals, the SUV lost out in terms of sales. However, Hyundai recently introduced the brand-new iteration of the SUV, which has registered 6,706 units in its first month.
However, with half the month under lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic, the sales figure show just half the story. The new Hyundai Creta could regain its title as the best-selling SUV from the Seltos very soon.
In third place on the list is the Hyundai Venue, holding the title as the ‘best compact-SUV' in India. The Hyundai Venue registered sales of 6,127 units in the month of March 2020, overtaking its main rival the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza placed just below in the fourth position.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza recently received an update and is now available in a petrol avatar. Maruti has discontinued the diesel version of the Vitara Brezza. The compact-SUV offering from Maruti Suzuki registered 5,513 units of sales in March 2020.
The Tata Nexon completes the top-five on the list. The Nexon SUV recently received a much-required facelift, which now makes it look more attractive and modern than before. The Tata SUV is positioned above the Ford EcoSport in sixth place. Both SUVs registered similar sales figures in the month of March 2020, with the Nexon registering 2,646 units and the EcoSport recording 2,197 units of sales.
|4||Maruti Vitara Brezza||5,513|
Seventh on the list is the MG Hector. The mid-size SUV and a rival to the Kia Seltos and the new Hyundai Creta registered 1,402 units of sales in March 2020. The SUV did perform well at the time of its launch, however, sales have dropped with the SUV averaging around 2000 units per month.
Bringing in the bottom three on the list is the Toyota Fortuner, Mahindra XUV300 and the Tata Harrier. The Toyota Fortuner has done well in the month of March 2020, registering 1,100 units of sales for the brand. The Mahindra XUV300 with 814 units and the Tata Harrier with 632 units of sales, however, suffered a major decline in sales (83% and 75%, respectively) in the month of March 2020.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling SUVs In India For March 2020
The entire automotive industry is facing a tough situation amidst the COVID-19 pandemic affecting not only India but also the world. With most companies shut, we expect it to take more than a few months to recover from the huge losses faced.