- 14 min ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- 2 hrs ago Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 6 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- Sports Khelo India University Games: Maharshi Dayanand University confident of clinching gold in kabaddi
- Lifestyle Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- Movies Trance: The Official Trailer Of The Fahadh Faasil Starrer Is Impressive And Intriguing
- News Maha Shivratri 2020: Why auspicious for women; date, mahurat
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.4 Render, Key Specs Surface
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Indians Are Increasingly Choosing Gold ETFs For Investment
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
The list of the top-selling cars in India for December 2019 has been released. The top-10 best-selling car list showcases the Maruti Suzuki Baleno at the top-slot, followed by the Maruti Alto and the Maruti Dzire closing the top-3 positions.
Maruti Suzuki continues to dominate the top-10 best-selling car list in the Indian market. During the month of December 2019, Maruti Suzuki occupied 8 out of the top-10 slots for best-selling cars, with Hyundai occupying the remaining two.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno took the top honours, registering the highest sales in the previous month. The premium hatchback from Maruti Suzuki recorded sales of 18,465 units in December 2019. This is a massive growth of 65.83% compared to the same month in 2018 when the model registered 11,135 units of sales.
Following the Baleno was the Maruti Suzuki Alto, the entry-level hatchback offering from the brand. The Maruti Suzuki Alto registered 15,489 units of sales in the previous month; a 38.34% drop compared to 25,121 units of sales in December 2018.
Closing the top-three was the compact-sedan offering from Maruti, the Dzire. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire registered 15,286 units of sales in December 2019. This is again a drop of 9% compared to its sales in December 2018 when it recorded slightly higher 16,797 units.
Maruti Suzuki's more popular hatchback, the Swift took the fourth position in terms of monthly sales. The Maruti Swift registered a growth of 23.22% between December 2018 to 2019. The company recorded sales of 14,749 units last month compared to 11,970 units in 2018.
The fifth position on the table was the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The compact-SUV offering from the brand has managed to regain the title of the best-selling SUV in the Indian market from the Kia Seltos.
The Vitara Brezza registered sales of 13,658 units of sales last month; a 41% growth from December 2018 when it recorded 9,667 units of sales.
Bringing in the bottom-five in the table is the Maruti WagonR in the sixth position. The tall-boy hatchback recorded 10,781 units of sales in December 2019. This is a massive 324.45% increase in sales compared to the same month in 2018.
The main reason for the drastic increase in sales is the introduction of the new-generation model, which was introduced during the early part of last year.
The Hyundai Venue is the first non-Maruti Suzuki product in the list. The recently launched compact-SUV offering from the Korean carmaker registered 9,521 units of sales last month.
Below the Hyundai Venue is the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, which was also introduced in 2019. The S-Presso is an entry-level hatchback, positioned above the Alto in the brand's product portfolio. The Maruti S-Presso in December 2019 registered sales of 8,394 units to occupy the eighth position.
The bottom-two on the list are the Hyundai i20 Elite and the Maruti Eeco. Both models registered similar sales figures of 7,720 and 7,634 units, respectively. Compared to their sales in December 2019, both models registered a decline, with the Hyundai Elite i20's being a more significant de-growth of around 35%.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India For December 2019
The top-selling car list for the month of December 2019 has changed quite a bit compared to the previous month of November. Most noticeable changes being the absence of Kia Seltos, which registered its first-ever decline in the Indian market, dropping by 67% sales.