- 49 min ago Hero Reveals New Seat Covers And Helmet For The XPulse 200 BS6
- 1 hr ago BEST Increases BUS Fleet By 1,000 Units: Daily Earnings Cross The Rs 90 Lakh Mark
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar 150 BS6 Models Witness Second Price Increase: Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Stops Taking Bookings For The Rapid Rider Due To Its High Demand
- Movies Chiranjeevi’s Son-In-Law Kalyaan Dhev Tests Negative For COVID-19; Vijetha Star Shares On Instagram
- News Don’t take it for granted, Indira, Atal too had lost
- Finance Top 5 Private Indian Banks Could See Their NPAs Doubling In FY21: Report
- Technology Realme 6i India Launch Set For June 14: Expected Price And More
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Sports Rumour Has It: Man City to offer two players for Koulibaly, Liverpool won't pursue Thiago
- Lifestyle Different Styles Of Earrings For Long, Medium And Short Hair That Will Guaranteed Steal Attention
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Hyundai India sales have overtaken that of Maruti Suzuki in the Indian market for the first time ever. The Hyundai Creta is now the best-selling car in India, with sales registered at 3,212 units during the month of May 2020.
The Indian auto industry has been facing one of its worst periods yet, with most operations having been shut down for the better half of the last two months, because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The country entered a state of total lockdown back in the second half of March 2020, with relaxations being offered only in mid-May.
Hyundai launched the Creta SUV back in early-March, however, due to the lockdown period, had to delay sales and deliveries at that time. With Hyundai restarting its operations in May, they were able to convert all the pre-lockdown bookings to sales, which is one of the main reasons for the high sales figures of the Creta.
Apart from the Hyundai Creta taking the top-slot in terms of sales, Gaadiwaadi reported that Maruti occupied the second and third position on the list with the Ertiga and Dzire, respectively.
The Maruti Ertiga registered 2,353 units of sales while the Dzire recorded 2,215 units. Fourth on the list was the Mahindra Bolero with 1,715 units of sales, while the Maruti Eeco completed the top-five with 1,617 units of sales in the previous month.
The Hyundai Creta has been among the top-ten best-selling cars in India on multiple occasions. However, this is the first time the SUV has ever topped the list. The 2020 Hyundai Creta is a complete departure from the previous-generation of the SUV. The new Creta comes with a completely fresh design and a brand new set of engines as well.
The 2020 Hyundai Creta comes with a starting price of 9.99 lakh and goes up all the way to Rs 17.21 lakh for the top-spec variant. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). The SUV borrows its engine and powertrain options from its cousin, the Kia Seltos; all of which are compliant with the latest BS6 emission norms — here are all the details of the new Hyundai Creta.
Thoughts About Hyundai Creta Becoming India's Best-Selling Car For May 2020
The Hyundai Creta has always been one of the best-selling SUVs in the Indian market. The all-new Hyundai Creta which launched pre-lockdown comes with a completely new design, along with a host of updates and features, making it an extremely attractive offering.