- 1 hr ago Pierre Cherpin Has Passed Away After Crashing On Stage 7 Of The 2021 Dakar Rally
- 1 hr ago 2021 Skoda Superb Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 31.99 Lakh
- 1 hr ago 2021 Audi A4 Review (First Drive): Better Than The Others In The Segment?
- 3 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger 160 Street & Avenger 220 Cruise Prices Hikes Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- Education NIOS Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 10 And Class 12 Theory Examination
- News Beginning of end of COVID-19: Harsh Vardhan ahead of vaccination drive
- Technology Netflix Likely Tests Spatial Audio On Select Apple Devices
- Finance How To Get NPS Partial Withdrawal Amount In Your Bank Account?
- Movies 51st Edition Of IFFI Set To Start In A Hybrid Mode For The First Time: Opening Ceremony Tomorrow
- Lifestyle Ladies, Here Are 7 Reasons Why You Should Ask A Man Out
- Sports ISL 2020-21, Mumbai City FC vs Hyderabad FC: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In January
Hyundai India sales have overtaken that of Maruti Suzuki in the Indian market for the first time ever. The Hyundai Creta is now the best-selling car in India, with sales registered at 3,212 units during the month of May 2020.
The Indian auto industry has been facing one of its worst periods yet, with most operations having been shut down for the better half of the last two months, because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The country entered a state of total lockdown back in the second half of March 2020, with relaxations being offered only in mid-May.
Hyundai launched the Creta SUV back in early-March, however, due to the lockdown period, had to delay sales and deliveries at that time. With Hyundai restarting its operations in May, they were able to convert all the pre-lockdown bookings to sales, which is one of the main reasons for the high sales figures of the Creta.
Apart from the Hyundai Creta taking the top-slot in terms of sales, Gaadiwaadi reported that Maruti occupied the second and third position on the list with the Ertiga and Dzire, respectively.
The Maruti Ertiga registered 2,353 units of sales while the Dzire recorded 2,215 units. Fourth on the list was the Mahindra Bolero with 1,715 units of sales, while the Maruti Eeco completed the top-five with 1,617 units of sales in the previous month.
The Hyundai Creta has been among the top-ten best-selling cars in India on multiple occasions. However, this is the first time the SUV has ever topped the list. The 2020 Hyundai Creta is a complete departure from the previous-generation of the SUV. The new Creta comes with a completely fresh design and a brand new set of engines as well.
The 2020 Hyundai Creta comes with a starting price of 9.99 lakh and goes up all the way to Rs 17.21 lakh for the top-spec variant. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). The SUV borrows its engine and powertrain options from its cousin, the Kia Seltos; all of which are compliant with the latest BS6 emission norms — here are all the details of the new Hyundai Creta.
Thoughts About Hyundai Creta Becoming India's Best-Selling Car For May 2020
The Hyundai Creta has always been one of the best-selling SUVs in the Indian market. The all-new Hyundai Creta which launched pre-lockdown comes with a completely new design, along with a host of updates and features, making it an extremely attractive offering.