- 1 min ago Skoda Kamiq Snapped Testing Once Again In India: Here's Everything You Need To Know
- 18 min ago Honda Is Likely To Introduce The Turbo-Petrol City RS In India
- 25 min ago Renault Offers Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits On Select Models In July 2020
- 27 min ago Audi Unveiled The Q4 Sportback e-Tron Concept: India Launch Soon?
- Finance Nifty Trades Higher, Metal Stocks Rally
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Urvashi Dholakia: Her Stylish Looks As Komolika From Kasautii Zindagii Kay
- News India-China to carry out verification process to assess disengagement
- Sports Gasperini dismisses Scudetto talk after Atalanta's ninth straight Serie A win
- Technology List Of Upcoming Budget 5G Smartphones In India
- Movies Divyanka Tripathi And Vivek Dahiya Celebrate Fourth Wedding Anniversary, Share Sweet Posts Online!
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
The Indian auto industry is slowly starting to resume operations in the country, following a shutdown for almost two months. Car manufacturers are slowly resuming sales, production and service operations across all the green and orange zones in the country.
The reopening of sales and service operations across India has also resulted in car companies finally introducing many awaited models in the Indian market. Having said that, here are the top-5 car-related news from last week.
Renault Triber AMT Launch
Renault has finally launched the Triber MPV with the AMT gearbox in the Indian market. The new Renault Triber AMT was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and is mated to the same 1.0-litre three-cylinder unit as before.
The AMT gearbox on the Renault Triber is offered as an option on the mid and top-spec variants of the MPV. Prices for the Renault Triber AMT start at Rs 6.18 lakh, ex-showroom — here are the details.
2020 Nissan Kicks BS6 Launch
The Nissan Kicks is currently the only SUV available in the Indian market, with the likes of the Terrano being discontinued from the portfolio. The new (2020) Nissan Kicks comes with major changes mechanically, while also featuring subtle cosmetic updates as well as additional equipment as well.
The new (2020) Nissan Kicks SUV is offered with a price tag of Rs 9.49 lakh, ex-showroom. The SUV now features a brand new 1.3-litre turbo petrol engine producing 154bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to an X-Tronic CVT transmission as well — here are all the details.
2020 Hyundai Verna Facelift Sales Begin
Hyundai had announced the prices of the 2020 Verna facelift in the Indian market, sometime during the early part of May 2020. However, with the company resuming sales operations only last week, the Verna facelift was officially launched in India, with sales having finally begun for the sedan.
The Hyundai Verna facelift comes with a starting price of Rs 9.30 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Verna facelift is positioned in the popular executive sedan segment and rivals the likes of the Maruti Ciaz, new Honda City, Skoda Rapid and the Volkswagen Vento — here are the details.
Kia Sonet SUV India Launch Plans
Kia Sonet is one of the most awaited compact-SUVs in the Indian market. The Kia Sonet will be the brand's third model in India after the Seltos and the Carnival, both of which have received overwhelming response in terms of sales. The compact-SUV once launched in India is said to carry forward the same engine options as its cousin, the Hyundai Venue.
Kia has announced that there will be no delay to the launch plans of the Sonet in India. Even amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the company is determined to introduce the Sonet SUV in the country later this year, as scheduled — here are the details.
Skoda Portfolio Update
Skoda currently has just the Octavia RS 245 on sale in the Indian market. However, the company has announced that they will be introducing three new models to the lineup on the 26th of May 2020.
According to reports, Skoda will be launching the Superb facelift, Rapid 1.0-litre TSI and the new Karoq SUV together on the 26th of May. The company has already started accepting bookings for the three models, with deliveries said to begin post-launch — here are the details.