- 8 min ago Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo: Are Dealers Installing New Touchscreens?
- 1 hr ago TVS Motor Extends Warranty And Free Service Period A Second Time: Details
- 1 hr ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- Finance People's Bank Of China Divest Stake In HDFC In June Qtr
- News From Bollywood-style arrest to Kanpur encounter: How the events unfolded
- Sports Lockdown days: Sharmila Devi wants to make a difference to Team India once hockey resumes
- Technology Samsung Might Not Bundle Charger With Smartphones From 2021
- Movies Jaaved Jaaferi's Emotional Message For Fans Post Father Jagdeep's Demise: Thank You For Your Love
- Lifestyle Juvenile Rheumatoid Idiopathic Arthritis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Indian auto industry has finally resumed operations in the country, following the lockdown because of the COVID-19 pandemic in the past two months. The Indian car market saw the introduction of multiple new products in the past week, while others finally began delivery operations which had been shut down entirely since the 24th of March 2020.
Having said that, here is our top five car-related news from the week that has gone by. This includes three new car launches from Skoda, two new AMG models and a Datsun; among others.
Skoda Car Launches
Skoda India launched three new models in the Indian market last week. This included the facelift Superb, the Rapid with the 1.0-litre TSI engine and the all-new Karoq five-seater SUV. The three new models were launched in India, via Skoda's first-ever online virtual conference.
All three models feature different engine specifications; the Rapid now comes powered by a new 1.0-litre TSI unit, which also powers Volkswagen's Vento and Polo offerings. The Skoda Karoq features a new 1.5-litre TSI unit and the Superb facelift comes with a 2.0-litre TSI petrol unit — here are the details.
Mercedes-Benz India also brought in two new AMG models to the Indian market last week. The German luxury brand introduced the Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe and the Mercedes-AMG GT-R Coupe in the Indian market with a price tag of Rs 1.33 crore and Rs 2.48 crore, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The two new models are part of the long list of products, which Mercedes-Benz have confirmed for the Indian market. The two AMG models were launched online as well, something which is now becoming a growing trend in the auto industry — here are the details.
Datsun Redi-GO Launch
Datsun was the third brand in the Indian market to introduce a product in the country, with their much-awaited RediGO facelift. The new 2020 Datsun RediGO facelift comes with a starting price of Rs 2.83 lakh and features a completely new front design and styling.
Datsun has also completely refreshed the interior cabin as well, giving the entry-level hatchback a much-required update, which now gives it a more upmarket look. Mechanically though, the RediGO carries forward an updated version of the same 800cc and 999cc petrol units — here are the details.
Volkswagen T-Roc Deliveries
The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV was launched in India on the 18th of March 2020, with deliveries said to begin in mid-April. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown, deliveries of the five-seater SUV was postponed.
Now, the Volkswagen T-Roc has finally started arriving at dealerships, indicating the start of deliveries in the coming weeks time. The company had previously announced that the first batch of T-Roc units had already been sold out — here are the details.
Nissan Magnite Teased
Nissan released a new video teaser of their upcoming Magnite compact-SUV in the Indian market. The new Nissan Magnite SUV is expected to go on sale in India this year and will be positioned in the compact-SUV segment rivalling the likes of the Hyundai Venue and the Maruti Vitara Brezza.
The new teaser video released of the Nissan Magnite gives us a first glimpse of the silhouette of the compact-SUV for the Indian market — watch the teaser here.