- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 4 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 4 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Jamshedpur FC vs Hyderabad FC: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- Lifestyle Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Kundali Bhagya Witnesses A Drop; Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Re-Enters Top 5
- Finance With 8.5% Return Should I Invest In This Fund For PPF-like Benefits?
- News 'From LAC to LOC, world witnessing a powerful India envisioned by Netaji', says PM Modi in Kolkata
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
We are all set to enter the last month of 2020 and what a year it has been! With the COVID-19 pandemic, car brands had to delay a number of its new product launches either towards the year-end or push it to next year.
However, post the lockdown and pandemic situation, the market immediately picked up, due to the pent-up demand, arrival of the festive season and the increase in preference towards personal mobility. This gave automakers a chance to introduce multiple new products in the market.
Although, with another month left in 2020, there is more to come. Here are some of the cars expected to go on sale in the Indian market in December.
The Nissan Magnite is one of the most anticipated car launches in the Indian market at the moment. The Magnite is an all-new model from the brand and will go on sale in India on the 2nd of December 2020. Bookings for the Magnite has already started.
The Nissan Magnite is also an extremely important model for the Japanese brand in the country. Hence, Nissan has packed the Magnite with a host of features, powerful engine options and a striking design, which should help it stand-out among its competitors.
Talking about its rivals, the Nissan Magnite once launched will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment. It will take on competition from the likes of the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport; among others.
Audi S5 Sportback
Audi has been on an aggressive sales strategy all year long. The company has already introduced seven new models in the Indian market over the course of the year and is now preparing to launch yet another, in the form of the S5 Sportback.
While the exact launch date is yet to be announced, Audi did showcase a teaser of the S5 Sportback during its previous Q2 launch event, while also confirming its launch before the end of 2020. We expect Audi to introduce the S5 Sportback in the Indian market sometime during the third week of December 2020.
The Audi S5 Sportback will arrive in India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route. It will be powered by a 3.0-litre TFSI engine producing 349bhp and 500Nm of peak torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission unit.
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine has been in the pipeline from the start of this year. The car was showcased in India at the 2020 Auto Expo and was expected to go on sale earlier this year. However, amidst the pandemic and the lockdown, its launch plans did get disrupted.
Although, the company is now said to be going ahead with the launch of the A-Class Limousine sometime in December. Once introduced, the A-Class Limousine will be the brand's entry-level sedan offering, positioned below the C-Class.
Apart from the standard variants of the A-Class Limousine, Mercedes-Benz will also introduce an AMG version of the entry-level sedan in India as well. Engine and transmission options on the upcoming model though are yet to be announced.
Force Gurkha BS6
Force Motors showcased the new (2020) Gurkha at the Auto Expo held earlier this year. While the launch was supposed to take place earlier, the company is now expected to introduce the new Gurkha before the year ends.
While there are no significant changes made to the overall design of the Gurkha, it does come with a host of minor changes and updates, giving it a more modern look and appeal. The new Force Gurkha once launched will come powered by a BS6-compliant 2.2-litre diesel engine and will take on the new Mahindra Thar in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Car Launches In India During December 2020
While 2020 might be getting over, there are still new cars to look out for in the last month of the year. Which of the above are you waiting for the most?