- 57 min ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 16 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 19 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- News John Abraham wishes fans on Republic Day, shares new Satyameva Jayate 2 still
- Technology Tecno Pova Review: Impressive Baterry At An Affordable Price
- Movies Padma Awards 2021: Late SP Balasubrahmanyam, Shinzo Abe And Others To Be Recipient Of The Prestigious Award
- Sports LeBron James makes NBA history, Nets' Durant joins exclusive club and Doncic matches MJ
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
We are all set to enter the last month of 2020 and what a year it has been! With the COVID-19 pandemic, car brands had to delay a number of its new product launches either towards the year-end or push it to next year.
However, post the lockdown and pandemic situation, the market immediately picked up, due to the pent-up demand, arrival of the festive season and the increase in preference towards personal mobility. This gave automakers a chance to introduce multiple new products in the market.
Although, with another month left in 2020, there is more to come. Here are some of the cars expected to go on sale in the Indian market in December.
The Nissan Magnite is one of the most anticipated car launches in the Indian market at the moment. The Magnite is an all-new model from the brand and will go on sale in India on the 2nd of December 2020. Bookings for the Magnite has already started.
The Nissan Magnite is also an extremely important model for the Japanese brand in the country. Hence, Nissan has packed the Magnite with a host of features, powerful engine options and a striking design, which should help it stand-out among its competitors.
Talking about its rivals, the Nissan Magnite once launched will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment. It will take on competition from the likes of the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport; among others.
Audi S5 Sportback
Audi has been on an aggressive sales strategy all year long. The company has already introduced seven new models in the Indian market over the course of the year and is now preparing to launch yet another, in the form of the S5 Sportback.
While the exact launch date is yet to be announced, Audi did showcase a teaser of the S5 Sportback during its previous Q2 launch event, while also confirming its launch before the end of 2020. We expect Audi to introduce the S5 Sportback in the Indian market sometime during the third week of December 2020.
The Audi S5 Sportback will arrive in India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route. It will be powered by a 3.0-litre TFSI engine producing 349bhp and 500Nm of peak torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission unit.
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine has been in the pipeline from the start of this year. The car was showcased in India at the 2020 Auto Expo and was expected to go on sale earlier this year. However, amidst the pandemic and the lockdown, its launch plans did get disrupted.
Although, the company is now said to be going ahead with the launch of the A-Class Limousine sometime in December. Once introduced, the A-Class Limousine will be the brand's entry-level sedan offering, positioned below the C-Class.
Apart from the standard variants of the A-Class Limousine, Mercedes-Benz will also introduce an AMG version of the entry-level sedan in India as well. Engine and transmission options on the upcoming model though are yet to be announced.
Force Gurkha BS6
Force Motors showcased the new (2020) Gurkha at the Auto Expo held earlier this year. While the launch was supposed to take place earlier, the company is now expected to introduce the new Gurkha before the year ends.
While there are no significant changes made to the overall design of the Gurkha, it does come with a host of minor changes and updates, giving it a more modern look and appeal. The new Force Gurkha once launched will come powered by a BS6-compliant 2.2-litre diesel engine and will take on the new Mahindra Thar in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Car Launches In India During December 2020
While 2020 might be getting over, there are still new cars to look out for in the last month of the year. Which of the above are you waiting for the most?