- 2 hrs ago Premium Hatchback Sales In April 2021: Tata Altroz Outsells Hyundai i20
- 3 hrs ago Renault Offers & Discounts In May 2021: Benefits On Renault Kiger, Kwid, Duster & Triber
- 3 hrs ago Honda Has Announced A Cashback Offer On The Purchase Of An Activa 6G: Read More!
- 4 hrs ago KTM Is Working On A New Range Of 750CC Motorcycles: Here Are All The Details!
- News Karnataka government announces package rates for COVID-19 patients
- Sports Saina, Srikanth's Olympics hopes hit as Indian team's Malaysian Open participation in doubt
- Movies Vaani Kapoor: I Can't Walk Up To Shah Rukh Khan And Start A Conversation On My Own; I Don't Get Star-Struck
- Finance Covid 19 Death In Family: 4 Probable Insurance Covers You Can Claim Against
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
- Education Google CEO Sundar Pichai Lays Out ‘Hybrid’ Workplace Model, 20% Staff To Permanently Work From Home
- Lifestyle Mother’s Day 2021: Health Tips For New Moms With Diabetes
- Technology Oppo K9 5G With 90Hz Display, 65W Fast Charging Goes Official; Price, Features
The list for the top-20 cars exported from India during the month of February 2020 has been released. With domestic sales have slowed down considerably, OEMs are said to be using the opportunity to export their products.
According to reports from Autopunditz, the passenger vehicle export sales have registered a 9 per cent growth in February 2020, compared to the same month last year. The month of February 2020 saw the Ford EcoSport lead the way with the highest export sales close to 8,500 units.
|Rank||Model||February 2020 Exports|
|7||Maruti Suzuki Baleno||3,256|
|9||Maruti Suzuki S-Presso||1,659|
|13||Maruti Suzuki Swift||1,121|
|15||Maruti Suzuki Dzire||989|
|16||Maruti Suzuki Ignis||836|
|17||Maruti Suzuki Alto||798|
|20||Maruti Suzuki Ertiga||479|
Apart from the EcoSport SUV, Ford's Aspire compact sedan also made it to the top-20 exported car list in the previous month. The Ford Aspire though came in 11th position, even after registering a growth of 29% in the export market from 965 in February 2019 to 1,246 units last month.
Nissan-Renault might be struggling to find a footing in the Indian domestic market. However, their export sales from India has been improving year-on-year. The Nissan Sunny sedan registered the second-highest export sales in February 2020 with 6,371 units; an improvement of 60% from last year.
The other model was the Renault Kwid. With the introduction of the new-generation Kwid in the market, demand in the export market seemed to have increased by a massive 199 per cent. The Renault Kwid came in 10th on the list with sales of 1,254 units last month compared to just over 400 units in February 2019.
Volkswagen also had two models in the top-20 list, the Vento in third position and Polo in twelfth. The Volkswagen Vento registered 5,818 units of export sales while the Polo 1,127 units during the same period. However, export sales of the Polo did increase by a massive 140% compared to February 2019.
The Chevrolet Beat hatchback export sales fell by a margin of 25% from 6,674 units in February 2019 to 4,991 units last month. The drop in export sales from General Motors could be because the company sold its Talegaon plant.
Hyundai had three models in the top-20 car export list. This includes the Creta, Verna and the Venue models. The Hyundai Creta registered in the fifth spot, while the Verna and the Venue were positioned in eighth and fourteenth, respectively.
The Hyundai Creta recorded a 45% growth in its exports demands, selling 4,538 units last month. The Verna registered 2,510 units while the Venue sold 1,072 units in exports.
Hyundai's sister company, Kia Motors also entered the top-20 list with the Seltos. The Kia Seltos registered 3,569 units in the export market in February 2020, positioning it just behind the Creta in sixth place.
Maruti Suzuki had the highest number of models in the top-20 list, accounting for seven positions This includes the Baleno, S-Presso, Swift, Dzire, Ignis, Alto and Ertiga.
The remaining two positions on the list were completed by the Toyota Liva hatchback and the Jeep Compass from FCA. Both of which were positioned lower down the order in nineteenth and eighteenth, respectively.
Thoughts On The Top-20 Exported Cars From India
The month of February saw a small resurgence in sales in both domestic and export markets of India, especially due to the hype from the Auto Expo 2020. However, with the coronavirus pandemic putting half the world under quarantine, automobile companies have now shut operations; which has caused major financial problems as well.