- 3 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Facelift Teaser Image Revealed
- 4 hrs ago Top-Selling Cars In India In April 2021: Maruti Suzuki WagonR Takes Top Slot, Followed By Swift & Alto
- 5 hrs ago BMW X5 Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle To Be Launched In 2022
- 6 hrs ago Toyota Glanza & Urban Cruiser Prices Hiked: Price Hike Of Upto Rs 34,000 & Rs 13,000 Respectively
- News Modi government firm to help West Bengal fight COVID-19: Harsh Vardhan to Mamata Banerjee
- Lifestyle Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Surprising Benefits Of Gold For Your Health And Beauty
- Movies Sanjay Kapoor On Completing 26 Years In Bollywood: I Am Glad That People Still Want To See And Love Me
- Education Himachal Pradesh Postpones Class 12 Exams, Class 10 Board Exams Cancelled; Students To Be Promoted To Class 11
- Sports A step closer to my dream of playing for Team India: Abhimanyu Eswaran on being put on standby for UK tour
- Technology Xiaomi J18s Foldable Phone With Under Display Camera In Works; Galaxy Fold Rival?
- Finance Covid-19 Crisis: LIC Allows Alternate Proofs For Municipal Death Certificate
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
California based electric vehicle and green energy company, Tesla, Inc. has announced that its Model S electric sedan can now cover a distance of 647 kilometers over a single charge. Until recently, the longest distance covered by a Model S Long Range Plus was 600 kilometers.
Tesla is well known in the motoring world as the leader (by a few hundred million kilometers) as far as electric vehicles are concerned. The brand has made small but rather effective changes to the Model S to help it clock more kilometers using the same battery.
Tesla hasn't revealed by how much, but has reduced the weight of the Model S. The brand has used in-house seats in the vehicle, and has saved weight in the electric motor and battery pack components.
The Model S also features new 18-inch wheels with a set of lower rolling-resistance tyres that Tesla says contributes to a two percent improvement in performance. The brand also says that the front motor's gearbox adds two more percent of range efficiency boosts.
The new Tesla Model S Long Range Plus also incorporates regenerative braking and friction braking to reduce energy losses. Tesla, Inc. has also added a brake-hold feature to the electric sedan - meaning one does not have to keep the brake pedal pressed to keep the vehicle stationary.
To add more value to the Model S, Tesla has reduced prices for the sedan by USD 5,000. The Tesla Model S Long Range Plus is now priced at USD 74,990 (roughly Rs 57.15 lakh, plus import duties and taxes).
The company has reduced prices of its Model 3 and Model X electric vehicles by USD 3,000 and USD 5,000, respectively.
Reports suggest that sales of the Tesla Model S, launched eight years ago, have been falling over the last few quarters because of the cheaper Model 3 sedan, and the expiration of tax credit.
In related Tesla news, the brand is now the most valuable automotive manufacturer in the world. Share value increased to over USD 1,000 after its shot caller, Elon Musk, told staff that the Tesla Semi commercial truck was ready for volume production. The brand took the number one spot from Japan based auto giant, Toyota Motor Corp. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Tesla Model S Long Range Plus Covering 647km Over A Single Charge
Elon Musk, and Tesla, Inc. at the absolute best at what they do. To cover 647 kilometers over a single charge is a huge achievement. There's no point saying ‘what next' really, Tesla is already working on a million mile battery with an exceptionally long range between charges. Take a bow Mr Musk.