- 13 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 18 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 20 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- News PM Modi to discuss COVID situation with CMs of 8 States today: What to expect?
- Movies Juhi Chawla Says She Had No Fondness For Kids Before Motherhood; 'I Would Find Them As A Nuisance'
- Finance 4 Small Cap Equity Funds To Consider For SIPs
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna In Ethnic Suit And Crop Top-Skirt, Which Printed Ensemble Of Hers Did You Like More?
- Sports India vs Australia | Steve Smith excited after finding his hands ahead of the ODI series
- Technology Motorola ‘Nio' Could Be Next Flagship Smartphone With Snapdragon 865 SoC
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
California based electric vehicle and green energy company, Tesla, Inc. has announced that its Model S electric sedan can now cover a distance of 647 kilometers over a single charge. Until recently, the longest distance covered by a Model S Long Range Plus was 600 kilometers.
Tesla is well known in the motoring world as the leader (by a few hundred million kilometers) as far as electric vehicles are concerned. The brand has made small but rather effective changes to the Model S to help it clock more kilometers using the same battery.
Tesla hasn't revealed by how much, but has reduced the weight of the Model S. The brand has used in-house seats in the vehicle, and has saved weight in the electric motor and battery pack components.
The Model S also features new 18-inch wheels with a set of lower rolling-resistance tyres that Tesla says contributes to a two percent improvement in performance. The brand also says that the front motor's gearbox adds two more percent of range efficiency boosts.
The new Tesla Model S Long Range Plus also incorporates regenerative braking and friction braking to reduce energy losses. Tesla, Inc. has also added a brake-hold feature to the electric sedan - meaning one does not have to keep the brake pedal pressed to keep the vehicle stationary.
To add more value to the Model S, Tesla has reduced prices for the sedan by USD 5,000. The Tesla Model S Long Range Plus is now priced at USD 74,990 (roughly Rs 57.15 lakh, plus import duties and taxes).
The company has reduced prices of its Model 3 and Model X electric vehicles by USD 3,000 and USD 5,000, respectively.
Reports suggest that sales of the Tesla Model S, launched eight years ago, have been falling over the last few quarters because of the cheaper Model 3 sedan, and the expiration of tax credit.
In related Tesla news, the brand is now the most valuable automotive manufacturer in the world. Share value increased to over USD 1,000 after its shot caller, Elon Musk, told staff that the Tesla Semi commercial truck was ready for volume production. The brand took the number one spot from Japan based auto giant, Toyota Motor Corp. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Tesla Model S Long Range Plus Covering 647km Over A Single Charge
Elon Musk, and Tesla, Inc. at the absolute best at what they do. To cover 647 kilometers over a single charge is a huge achievement. There's no point saying ‘what next' really, Tesla is already working on a million mile battery with an exceptionally long range between charges. Take a bow Mr Musk.