- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
American electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Inc. will be arriving in the Indian market sometime next year. The company is expected to enter the market with its entry-level model, the Model 3. Elon Musk, Founder & CEO, Tesla Inc has confirmed the news of the brand's arrival in the country.
The latest report from ET Auto adds further to the news of Tesla's arrival. According to the report, the company will launch its first car in June 2021. The report also states that the bookings for the Model 3 will open in January 2021.
Tesla started accepting booking for Model 3 back in the year 2016. However, due to the EV policies and import duties, the launch has been delayed in the country. Back in 2016, there were a few customers from India who booked the electric car. This includes Vijay Sekhar Sharma founder of PayTM, Vishal Gondal of GOQii and Sujayath Ali from Voonik; among others.
The report also suggests that the deliveries of the Model 3 will begin from the first quarter of 2021-22 in the country. Tesla is expected to price the Model between Rs 55 lakh and 60 lakh, ex-showroom. The company will be directly selling the electric vehicles in Indian without a dealer.
Tesla's entry-level Model 3 electric-car features a driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge, depending on the variant. It also features good performance figures with 0 to 100km/h acceleration time rated at under 3.5 seconds.
Along with the enhanced practicality with long driving range, the Tesla Model 3 also comes packed with features. The highlight cabin is its large centrally-mounted tablet-inspired touchscreen infotainment display. It will provide the driver with a host of stats including charge status and nearby charging stations.
The company is also looking to set up a new R&D facility in the country. Based on media reports, Tesla is exploring its options to set up a facility in Bangalore, Karnataka. The State has announced a new EV policy that will help companies like Tesla and other EV manufacturers to locally produce and sell their products across the country.
Thoughts About The Tesla Entering India With The Model 3 Next Year
Telsa fans in Indian can rejoice based on the recent report. The American electric vehicle brand will finally enter the Indian market next year. However, the Model 3 will be a premium offering in terms of pricing. Whether the upcoming electric car will fair well in our price-sensitive market remains to be seen.