- 10 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 11 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 1 day ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports Learn guitar, play some cards to maintain bio-secure bubble: Lee tells IPL-bound players
- News India dismisses controversy over Jaishankar's remarks on Buddha
- Movies Disha Salian Death: DCP Thakur Says Her Body Was Not Found Naked, Last Phone Call Was To A Friend
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Tata Motors will be launching a facelifted model of the Tigor EV compact-sedan in the Indian market. The facelifted electric sedan features a host of updates and is expected to be launched sometime either by the end of this year or early next year.
Latest spy images posted on Facebook reveals a production-ready mule testing on Indian roads ahead of its launch. The images also reveal the electric-sedan to features a sharper grille, new halogen headlamps, a reworked front bumper that looks quite similar to the standard model and could feature LED DRLs.
At the rear, it gets a blue strip placed across the boot lid, a roof spoiler and a new shark fin antenna. The overall silhouette of the car has been retained and the images do not reveal any changes made to the side profile of the Tigor EV. However, we expect Tata Motors to offer the electric-sedan with updated dual-tone alloy wheels.
On the inside, it gets a new 3-spoke steering wheel, a twin-pod instrument cluster and updated dual-tone seat upholstery. The infotainment system seems to be carried from the pre-facelift model and is not expected to features any smartphone connectivity.
Along with the infotainment system, features like climate control, remote locking, a multi-info display, power windows, dual airbags, ABS with EBD as well as rear parking sensors are expected to be retained from the outgoing model as well.
Moving to the powertrain, the facelifted Tigor EV is expected to feature the same setup as the current model. It features a 72V three-phase AC induction motor that is coupled to a 21.5kWh battery pack. It features two driving modes: Eco and Sport.
The electric powertrain produces a maximum of 40bhp at 4500rpm and a peak torque of 105Nm at 2500rpm. It features a single-speed automatic gearbox and claimed driving range of 213 kilometres on a single charge. The Tigor EV is fast charging enabled and can juice up the battery from 0 to 80 per cent in just 2 hours. Using a normal charger will take around 11.5 hours for a full charge.
We expect the facelift model to feature similar power figures, and charge times. However, the driving range is expected to see an improvement in the new model. All the updates made to the new Tigor EV is expected to result in a slight increase in its pricing. Tata Motors currently retails the compact electric sedan at a starting price of Rs 9.54 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts About The Tata Tigor EV Facelift Production Ready Model Spotted Testing
Tata Motors is gearing up to update their most affordable electric vehicle, the Tigor EV in the Indian market. The spy pics showcases a test mule that is sans camouflage indicating the launch to happen soon in the country. Once it is launched, it will continue to rival the Mahindra e-Verito in India.