- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 7 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 9 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- News India won't tolerate insult to Tricolour at Red Fort, says Prakash Javadekar
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Tata Motors has announced the discontinuation of the Tigor JTP and Tiago JTP models in the Indian market. Both models were part of the joint venture between Tata Motors and Jayem Automotive.
The 50:50 joint venture between the two companies was announced back in 2017, with an aim to build performance-oriented version of Tata Motors passenger vehicle range. The result of the partnership was the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP, both of which were introduced in 2018.
However, with the Indian market currently facing its worst period yet, the joint venture between the two companies faced extreme pressure. Tata Motors stated that the tough market conditions and the limited sales of the two models were among the main reasons for its discontinuation.
The company sent out a statement to stock exchanges, that Tata Motors will be purchasing the 50% shareholdings of Jayem Automotives in JT Special Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. This will make JTSV a fully-owner subsidiary of Tata Motors.
Tata Motors stated, "The Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP that were launched in 2018, gained much appreciation for their styling and performance, forming a loyal follower base."
"However, the passenger car industry witnessed a challenging FY19-20, exacerbated with a mandatory change in regulations and the current COVID-19 pandemic, which has impacted the demand in this niche category of vehicles. In light of this ongoing scenario, both Tata Motors and JayemAutomotives found it prudent to discontinue this venture."
They further added, "Tata Motors will continue to provide all requisite support and service to customers and users of Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP cars at its select dealerships, ensuring hassle-free ownership."
Both the Tata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP models came powered by a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine, producing 114bhp. Apart from the powerful engine, both models also received a number of design tweaks and certain other mechanical updates as well. This includes fatter tyres, reworked suspension setup and many others.
Thoughts On The Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP Discontinuation
The Tata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP became well-liked by automotive enthusiasts in the country. Both models offered excellent power, along with a sporty character as well. It will be interesting to see if Tata Motors introduce any similar models in the future, once the market stabilises.