- 6 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 12 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 15 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Tata Motors is all set to launch the BS6 version of their best selling compact SUV, the Nexon, on 22 January. The company will also be launching the Altroz premium hatchback in India on the same day. However, details regarding the launch of the BS6 Nexon will be shared by the company on their respective social media handles.
So what can we expect from the Nexon facelift? Tata has completely tweaked the front end of the compact SUV. The car now gets a set of sleek headlamp clusters with a projector for the low beam. The DRLs have also been changed and now they look even better than the previous ones.
The hood of the car has also been changed and is flat and slightly high to comply with the upcoming pedestrian norms. The position of the foglight units remains the same but the design has changed a bit. Last but not least, both the grilles have been tweaked and the lower grille gets some design elements as seen on the Nexon EV that overall goes well with the front end of the car.
Nothing has changed as far as the side profile is concerned except the design of the alloy wheels (size remains the same). At the rear, the car has been given a new set of taillights and the bumper has been tweaked slightly.
On the inside, the facelifted Nexon is expected to get a new sporty looking flat-bottom steering wheel, a digital instrument cluster and different upholstery with some contrast stitching. The 7-inch touch screen infotainment system will be carried forward from the previous car and will feature AndroidAuto and Apple CarPlay.
Mechanically, It is expected that the facelifted Nexon will draw power from the same engines as seen on the previous cars, but they will now meet the BS6 norms. Engine options will be the 1.5-litre Revotorq turbo diesel and 1.2-litre Revotron turbo petrol motors and the transmission options are likely to remain the same. However, due to the BS6 updated we might see a slight drop in the power output.
Due to the BS6 update, the Nexon is likely to see a significant hike in the price ( 60,000 to 1.2 lakh) depending upon the variant. Once launched, the compact SUV will lock horns with the Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, and the Mahindra XUV300.
Thoughts On The Facelifted BS6 Nexon
The Tata Nexon has been one of the best selling compact SUVs across the country and now with the BS6 update and a facelift that has completely changed the car's looks, it will become a tough game for its rivals.