- 18 hrs ago Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Models To Launch In India On 5 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 19 hrs ago New (2020) Land Rover Defender Launched In India At Rs 69.99 Lakh: Bookings Now Open
- 20 hrs ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 79.50 Lakh
- 22 hrs ago Revolt Intellicorp To Expand Presence In India: Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai & Mumbai On List
- Sports Saudi Arabia announce sporting mega-event
- News Coronavirus: 124 evacuees from Japan cruise ship back home, head to ITBP quarantine facility
- Movies Music Composer Arjun Janya Suffers A Minor Heart Attack
- Technology Realme 6 Pro With Snapdragon 720G Likely to Support ISRO's NaVIC Technology
- Finance Stocks To Watch Out For On February 27, 2020
- Lifestyle 22 Foods Rich In Sodium And Alternative Healthier Options
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Tata Motors is all set to launch the BS6 version of their best selling compact SUV, the Nexon, on 22 January. The company will also be launching the Altroz premium hatchback in India on the same day. However, details regarding the launch of the BS6 Nexon will be shared by the company on their respective social media handles.
So what can we expect from the Nexon facelift? Tata has completely tweaked the front end of the compact SUV. The car now gets a set of sleek headlamp clusters with a projector for the low beam. The DRLs have also been changed and now they look even better than the previous ones.
The hood of the car has also been changed and is flat and slightly high to comply with the upcoming pedestrian norms. The position of the foglight units remains the same but the design has changed a bit. Last but not least, both the grilles have been tweaked and the lower grille gets some design elements as seen on the Nexon EV that overall goes well with the front end of the car.
Nothing has changed as far as the side profile is concerned except the design of the alloy wheels (size remains the same). At the rear, the car has been given a new set of taillights and the bumper has been tweaked slightly.
On the inside, the facelifted Nexon is expected to get a new sporty looking flat-bottom steering wheel, a digital instrument cluster and different upholstery with some contrast stitching. The 7-inch touch screen infotainment system will be carried forward from the previous car and will feature AndroidAuto and Apple CarPlay.
Mechanically, It is expected that the facelifted Nexon will draw power from the same engines as seen on the previous cars, but they will now meet the BS6 norms. Engine options will be the 1.5-litre Revotorq turbo diesel and 1.2-litre Revotron turbo petrol motors and the transmission options are likely to remain the same. However, due to the BS6 updated we might see a slight drop in the power output.
Due to the BS6 update, the Nexon is likely to see a significant hike in the price ( 60,000 to 1.2 lakh) depending upon the variant. Once launched, the compact SUV will lock horns with the Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, and the Mahindra XUV300.
Thoughts On The Facelifted BS6 Nexon
The Tata Nexon has been one of the best selling compact SUVs across the country and now with the BS6 update and a facelift that has completely changed the car's looks, it will become a tough game for its rivals.