- 5 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 10 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- Movies Nawazuddin Siddiqui On His Favourite On-Screen Character: My Likes And Dislikes Are Different
- News ‘Opinion can change’: CJI Bobde amid row over members of SC-appointed farm panel
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Hyderabad FC vs Odisha FC: Odisha fightback to script exciting draw against Hyderabad
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Finance 6 Things To Check In Your Credit Card Statement
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Tata Motors has announced the achievement of a sales milestone for its Nexon EV SUV in the Indian market. The Tata Nexon EV, the brand's first fully-electric compact-SUV has managed to surpass 2000 units of sales in the country since its launch 10 months back.
As of November 2020, the company has managed to register a total of 2200 units in the market. The company rolled out its first 1000th unit of the Nexon EV back in August, however, the second 1000 units came in just three months (Sept - Nov), indicating the faster adoption of EVs in India.
Tata has also announced that the Nexon EV is now the country's most preferred electric car. The Tata Nexon EV also commands a 74 per cent market share in the electric vehicle segment in the Indian market.
Shailesh Chandra, President - Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said,
"This is a moment of great pride for us and those working with us in our journey to accelerate the adoption of EVs in India. The Tata Nexon EV, since launch, has captured the imagination of the entire nation and has consistently led the way for the electric vehicle segment."
"Offering thrilling performance, connected drive experience with zero emissions and at an attractive pricing, the Nexon EV has found widespread acceptance among its customers."
"This growing demand is on the back of increased awareness, growing charging infrastructure, encouraging government incentives, breaking myths that surrounds EVs, and most importantly the undisputed benefits that it offers i.e. lower operating cost."
He further added, "With the continued support from the government in terms of incentives such as benefits on registration and road tax, we hope that EVs will soon become the most desirable and a mainstream choice for the customers in India."
To reiterate, the Tata Nexon EV comes powered by a 95kW electric motor paired with a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack, powering the front wheels. The electric powertrain produces 129bhp and 245Nm of peak torque and is said to offer an ARAI-certified range of 312km on a single charge.
The Tata Nexon EV will come with a home charger, which takes around 8 hours to completely charge its batteries. However, the Nexon EV is also capable of fast-charging, which charges the batteries on the electric SUV from 0 - 80% in just 60 mins.
Thoughts On The Tata Nexon EV Sales Milestone
The Tata Nexon is currently the most affordable electric SUV in the Indian market. The Nexon EV also comes packed with features, provides strong performance and also offers good range, making it an extremely value-for-money electric vehicle option.