- 1 hr ago Hero Reveals New Seat Covers And Helmet For The XPulse 200 BS6
- 2 hrs ago BEST Increases BUS Fleet By 1,000 Units: Daily Earnings Cross The Rs 90 Lakh Mark
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar 150 BS6 Models Witness Second Price Increase: Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Stops Taking Bookings For The Rapid Rider Due To Its High Demand
- Movies Radhe Shyam First Look Poster Gets An Edit As Assam Police Urge People To Wear A Mask Amid COVID-19
- Technology Realme Might Launch 100W+ Fast-Charging Technology In July
- Sports World Cup winner Jack Charlton dies
- Finance Gland Pharma Files For Rs 1,250 Crore IPO
- News Toddler tests positive for COVID-19
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Lifestyle Different Styles Of Earrings For Long, Medium And Short Hair That Will Guaranteed Steal Attention
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Tata Motors launched the 2020 Nexon compact-SUV in India earlier this year. The new Tata Nexon came with a host of updates, including cosmetic changes to both it's exterior and interior, apart from the BS6 compliant engines.
Along with the updates, the Tata Nexon also came equipped with connected car technology, something which is soon becoming a standard feature in most new cars. The connected technology on the Tata Nexon is called the iRA or intelligent Real-Time Assist. The 2020 Tata Nexon is said to be the first product from the brand to receive this feature.
Now, Tata Motors has released a new video, which explains the iRA connected technology available on their popular compact-SUV in the Indian market. The technology comes with a host of additional smart features as well.
This includes geofencing, find-my-car via a smartphone application, live vehicle diagnostics, intrusion alert and vehicle-crash notification. The connected technology also comes with voice commands developed to understand Hindi, English and even Hinglish (Hindi + English) language as well.
The iRA connected technology also comes with What3words - a step-by-step navigation feature. This feature also analyses the driving patterns and provides feedback as well.
The Tata Nexon itself is offered with three powertrain options: petrol, diesel and electric. The fuel-powered models come with either a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol producing 118bhp and 170Nm of torque. While there is also the option of a 1.5-litre diesel unit which churns out 110bhp and 270Nm of peak torque. Both engines come mated to either a manual or AMT automatic transmission options.
The Tata Nexon EV comes with a 32.5kWh lithium-ion battery paired with an electric motor. It produces 128bhp and 245Nm of peak torque. The Nexon EV promises a real-world range between 250 to 300km on a single charge and is available with both standard and fast-charging options.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon iRA Connected Technology
The Tata Nexon now follows the trend of coming equipped with connected car technology, which is soon becoming a trend among all new cars in the Indian market. The Tata Nexon continues to rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Maruti Vitara Brezza and the Ford Ecosport in the Indian compact-SUV segment.