- 1 hr ago Volkswagen & Skoda Auto Provides Mobile Clinic Van Providing Medical Services To Villages
- 13 hrs ago 2020 Vespa VXL & SXL Facelift Models Pre Bookings Commence Ahead Of Launch
- 13 hrs ago MG Hector Plus To Come With A Panoramic Sunroof: To Be India’s Only Six-Seater SUV With This Feature
- 15 hrs ago Lamborghini Unveils The Sián Roadster: Only 19 Units Will Be Produced
- News How the encounter that killed Vikas Dubey took place
- Finance Rupee Opens Sharply Lower At 75.16 Per US Dollar
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor’s Statement Dresses Are Perfect For OOTD-worthy Moments
- Movies Adhyayan Suman Says He Was A Victim Of Groupism In Bollywood: 14 Of My Films Were Shelved
- Sports Zlatan Ibrahimovic: If this is the situation, I won't stay at Milan
- Technology These Smartphones Are Available On Online Sale Only
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Tata Motors recently updated the compact-SUV with a mid-cycle facelift. The company also updated its engines to comply with BS6 standards. The BS6 Nexon manual variant retails at a starting price of Rs 6.95 lakh, while the prices for AMT variants start at Rs 8.30 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The Tata Nexon compact-SUV is offered with two engine options: 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol unit producing 118bhp and 170Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine churning out 108bhp and 260Nm of torque. Both engines are offered with a six-speed manual transmission and a six-speed AMT gearbox.
Talking about the mileage figures of the Tata Nexon AMT variants, according to Autocar India, the BS6 Nexon petrol AMT variant returns a mileage of 16km/l. In comparison, the petrol manual returns 17.4km/l; this is 1.4km/l more than the automatic variant.
The Tata Nexon diesel AMT variant returns an average fuel economy of 22.4km/l. The company has tuned the engine and the AMT transmission to achieve the same fuel efficiency as its manual variant, which returns an identical figure of 22.4 km/l as well.
The Tata Nexon rivals the Hyundai Venue, Ford Ecosport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Mahindra XUV300 in the Indian market. In a detailed comparison of the petrol automatic compact SUVs, we can report that the Nexon petrol AMT offers decent fuel efficiency figures as compared to its rivals.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza offers best-in-class-mileage with 18.79kmp/l. This is due to the compact-SUV featuring the brand's ‘SVHS' mild-hybrid system. The next model to offer better mileage in the segment is the Hyundai Venue, which returns 18.0kmp/l. However, the Tata Nexon outperforms the Ford Ecosport, which returns only 14.7km/l (lowest in the segment).
The Tata Nexon and the Mahindra XUV300 are the only SUVs in the segment to offer a diesel-automatic powertrain option in the Indian market. While there are no details about the mileage figures of the Mahindra XUV300 diesel automatic, we expect it to be similar to that of the Nexon.
In related news, the company is gearing up to launch a turbo-petrol variant of its premium hatchback, the Altroz. The upcoming variant of the Tata Altroz is expected to be offered with a de-tuned turbo-petrol engine borrowed from the Nexon. It is also expected to be offered with manual and automatic transmission options — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon AMT BS6 Mileage Figures Revealed
The mid-lifecycle facelift of the Tata Nexon improved the features and design of the compact-SUV. With an impressive mileage of 22.4km/l in an automatic variant, the Tata Nexon offers a great value proposition to buyers who are looking to purchase a diesel automatic compact-SUV because of its practicality, ease of use, and better mileage in the segment.