- 2 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 18 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 20 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 22 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- News Tamil Nadu polls 2021: DMK strikes seat-sharing deal with Congress, gives 25 seats, Kanyakumari LS seat
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2021: Upul Tharanga outshines Brian Lara in Sri Lanka Legends' win over WI Legends
- Lifestyle Divyanka Tripathi’s Cool And Stylish Braid Hairstyle Will Spruce Up Your Boring Ponytail
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Bigg Boss 14 Grand Finale Replaces Kundali Bhagya On The Chart
- Education XLRI Sets Up A Centre For Gender Equality And Inclusive Leadership At Delhi-NCR Campus
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Tata Motors has confirmed that it can develop and put the Tata Sierra Concept into production if required. In an interview, Tata Motors' marketing head, Vivek Srivastava confirmed that the company is capable of producing the Tata Sierra Concept.
The Tata Sierra Concept was one of the star attractions at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo. The electric concept SUV is a throwback to the legendary old Tata Sierra SUV. Back in the 90s, the Tata Sierra was one of the best SUVs in India.
It was the first made-in-India vehicle with modern and premium features. What set the Tata Sierra apart was its design language. It featured bold and boxy styling. Its design highlight was its glassroom-like rear cabin with large windows.
It was only fitting that Tata chose such an iconic SUV to pay a tribute to, as part of its 75th anniversary celebrations. Well, the Tata Sierra Concept somehow managed to capture the design and styling magic of the original SUV despite being modern and futuristic.
It was easily the most-admired concept at Tata Motors' 2020 Auto Expo Pavilion. It drew the attention of old as well as young. Many were overheard wishing for it to be put into production. Well, Tata Motors too has something similar in mind.
The showcase of the Tata Sierra Concept at the 2020 Auto Expo was a feasibility study. After receiving great response for the SUV, Tata Motors used the opportunity at the expo to study if it was just emotional/sentimental attraction towards the Tata Sierra Concept or if it was commercially viable.
Well, it turns out that there is commercial viability for the product as Tata Motors' current line-up lacks a mid-size SUV. The Tata Sierra Concept was built on Tata's ALFA ARC platform that already is in production as it underpins the Tata Altroz as well. It will be driven by an all-electric drivetrain and will have a range of upto 300kms on a single charge.
Thoughts On Tata Sierra Concept Being Confirmed For Production
The fact that the Tata Sierra Concept is being considered for production is testimony to the amount of attention it received at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo. Well, it is now a matter of time before we will see the Tata Sierra Electric on Indian roads.