- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- News AAP threatens to cut power supply to Punjab CM Amarinder Singh's residence
- Movies Bhoot Part One: The Haunted Ship Movie Review: Vicky Kaushal’s Horror Film Fails To Scare!
- Sports BCB wants Kohli for Mujibur Rahman Centenary games, BCCI considering request
- Technology Tecno Launches Camon 15, Camon 15 Pro With 48MP Quad-Rear Camera
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Tata Motors has confirmed that it can develop and put the Tata Sierra Concept into production if required. In an interview, Tata Motors' marketing head, Vivek Srivastava confirmed that the company is capable of producing the Tata Sierra Concept.
The Tata Sierra Concept was one of the star attractions at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo. The electric concept SUV is a throwback to the legendary old Tata Sierra SUV. Back in the 90s, the Tata Sierra was one of the best SUVs in India.
It was the first made-in-India vehicle with modern and premium features. What set the Tata Sierra apart was its design language. It featured bold and boxy styling. Its design highlight was its glassroom-like rear cabin with large windows.
It was only fitting that Tata chose such an iconic SUV to pay a tribute to, as part of its 75th anniversary celebrations. Well, the Tata Sierra Concept somehow managed to capture the design and styling magic of the original SUV despite being modern and futuristic.
It was easily the most-admired concept at Tata Motors' 2020 Auto Expo Pavilion. It drew the attention of old as well as young. Many were overheard wishing for it to be put into production. Well, Tata Motors too has something similar in mind.
The showcase of the Tata Sierra Concept at the 2020 Auto Expo was a feasibility study. After receiving great response for the SUV, Tata Motors used the opportunity at the expo to study if it was just emotional/sentimental attraction towards the Tata Sierra Concept or if it was commercially viable.
Well, it turns out that there is commercial viability for the product as Tata Motors' current line-up lacks a mid-size SUV. The Tata Sierra Concept was built on Tata's ALFA ARC platform that already is in production as it underpins the Tata Altroz as well. It will be driven by an all-electric drivetrain and will have a range of upto 300kms on a single charge.
Thoughts On Tata Sierra Concept Being Confirmed For Production
The fact that the Tata Sierra Concept is being considered for production is testimony to the amount of attention it received at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo. Well, it is now a matter of time before we will see the Tata Sierra Electric on Indian roads.