- 7 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 11 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 15 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Tata Motors completes production of 4 million passenger cars in the country. The company has achieved a new milestone after being in production for three decades. Tata Motors has also started a new campaign called #WeLoveYou4Million, to thank all its customers.
The automaker started their journey with one among the most iconic vehicle from the brand, the Sierra introduced back in 1991. The SUV was ahead of its time and gained a cult following ever since.
With the introduction of other cars such as Indica, Sierra, and the Sumo, the company had achieved the 1 million production mark for passenger vehicles in 2005-06. The next 2 million of production was achieved back in 2015 after the introduction of cars such as Safari and the Tata Nano, which rewrote the history of affordable passenger cars.
While the Nano cater to an entry-level segment in the market, the Safari was among the first lifestyle SUV introduced in the Indian market. The Safari has now moved from catering to passengers and has become a part of Indian Army vehicle fleet in the country.
However, Tata Motors biggest breakthrough models such as the Bolt and the Zest which was launched back in 2014, paved way for the Tata Tiago, which has become the brand's breakthrough model in its third decade of production.
As of today, with its New Forever BS6 range consisting of the Tiago, Tigor, Nexon, Harrier and the Altroz, the company has the youngest and the safest product portfolio in the market. This has helped the brand to achieve 4 million production milestone since its inception 29 years ago. Tata Motors has produced 1 million cars in five years between 2015 and 2020.
Tata Motors has been India's first car manufacturer to have received a 5-star Global NCAP rating for its model, the Nexon. Tata Motors is also India's largest EV manufacturer with 67% market share and leading the way on electric vehicle adoption in India.
In the last 3 decades, the company has not only rolled out class-defining products but has also significantly evolved in terms of manufacturing and technology. Tata Motors was the first Indian company to develop indigenous capabilities from the design, development, validation and manufacturing stages as well as have a streamlined sales & service operations, all under one umbrella.
Tata Motors has in-house design and simulation studios that execute rapid prototyping, digital product development, fully-equipped emission testing facilities and a crash test facility as well. Tata Motors has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities at Chikhali, Pune; Sanand in Gujarat; and the FIAPL plant at Ranjangaon in Pune.
Commenting on this historic event, Mr Shailesh Chandra - President, Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Business Unit said, "As India's home-grown automotive brand, we are delighted to have reached this prominent milestone for our passenger vehicles segment. Since its inception, Tata Motors' commitment to introducing products that have the best-in-class safety, design and performance has brought to life the vision of our Chairman Emeritus Mr Ratan Tata."
He further added, "Over the last 30 years, we have rolled out icons that have not only catered to evolving customer needs but have also set new benchmarks in their respective segments. Our "New Forever" range of passenger vehicles only strengthens our commitment towards our customers. In a bid to become future-ready, we have embarked on a sustainability journey with EVs and are leading India's journey towards sustainable transportation."
Thoughts About The Tata Motors Achieving 4 Million Units Passenger Cars Production
Tata Motors have come leaps and bounds in terms of design and features over the past few years. The company has substantially increased the look and feel of all its passenger car offerings. Although 2020 has been a quiet year for the brand, we are expecting many new models launching next year from the brand.