- 22 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- Sports IPL 2020: Mumbai Indians league schedule, squad, venue, timing and record
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 3 Next-Gen Gaming Smartphone To Launch With Pre-Installed Google Stadia
- News Woman detained in Bengaluru for holding 'Kashmir Mukti, Dalit Mukti..' placard
- Lifestyle International Mother Language Day 2020: History, Theme And Importance
- Movies Shilpa Shetty And Raj Kundra Welcome Baby Girl Samisha Shetty Kundra! First Picture Inside
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Tata HBX mini-SUV unveiled at Auto Expo 2020. Tata Motors has revealed the HBX; its smallest SUV in the lineup. The Tata HBX once launched in India will be positioned below the Nexon in the brand's portfolio.
The Tata HBX will be based on the brand's ALFA platform, similar to the Altroz hatchback. The HBX showcased at the Auto Expo 2020 is said to be a concept, although it is a near-production ready version, with an expected launch sometime by end-2020.
The Tata HBX was first showcased at the previous Auto Expo in the form of the H2X concept. The mini-SUV from Tata Motors features an upright design, with the front fascia inspired from the Harrier. This includes dual LED headlamps; the DRLs placed on top and the main headlamps cluster positioned lower down.
The HBX comes with prominent styling, with large wheel arches, character lines and a floating-roof like design incorporated as well. The Tata HBX also comes with large chunky wheels, with a premium blacked-out alloy rim design as well.
In terms of powertrain options, we expect the Tata HBX to receive the same engine options as the Altroz. This includes the 1.2-litre petrol engine, along with the manual and automatic transmission units.
However, the AMT version of the HBX could be introduced separately at a later stage. Power and torque figures are also expected to remain pretty much unchanged from that of the Altroz premium hatchback.
Moving to the cabin, the Tata HBX will share the majority of the components from the Altroz hatchback. This includes the large touchscreen infotainment system, multifunction steering wheel and the semi-digital instrument cluster; among a host of others.
Thoughts On The Tata HBX Mini-SUV Unveiled At The Auto Expo 2020
The Tata HBX will be positioned below the Nexon in the product portfolio in the Indian market. This will allow the HBX to rival the likes of the Renault Kwid and the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso. Tata Motors is going all out with its SUV assault at the Auto Expo 2020, with multiple products being showcased in the segment.