- 6 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer Range To Recieve New Colours: Teaser Released
- 10 hrs ago Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For August 2020: Hero Splendor & Honda Activa Take Top Honours
- Sports IPL 2020: Skipper MS Dhoni says 'Chennai Super Kings lacking a bit of steam in the batting department'
- News Bihar Polls 2020: How EC plans to conduct free and fair elections amid coronavirus pandemic
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Movies Mohanlal Joins The Sets Of Drishyam 2: George Kutty To Get A New Look?
- Finance 7 Stocks That Moved The Most On September 25, 2020
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A72 Tipped To Be In Works; Might Offer Penta-Lens Setup
- Lifestyle Rashami Desai Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Floral Kurti Will You Choose To Flaunt This Navaratri?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Tata Motors has a couple of new models in its pipeline that it will launch in the Indian market soon. One of them is a tall-riding hatchback, that is called the 'Hornbill' and was internally referred to as 'HBX'. This micro-SUV has been spotted testing earlier on our soil and was supposed to launch right after the Auto Expo 2020.
Now the Tata HBX is expected to be launched sometime either at the end of this year or sometime early next year. However, as per the images snapped by EVOIndia, the NBX has been spotted testing once again. The company had stated that the production version will be almost 90 per cent similar to the HBX concept that was shown at the Expo and by seeing these spy pics it is confirmed.
As seen in the images, the Tata HBX is wrapped in heavy camouflage. The micro-SUV gets LED DRLs and below that it features the headlight housing. A pair of fog lights are also seen at the lower half of the bumper. The HBX will be built on the brand's ALFA architecture and the Impact 2.0 design, similar to the Altroz premium hatchback. The car will feature a tall-riding design, with a sleek looking grille inspired by the Harrier SUV.
On the inside, the upcoming micro-SUV is expected to get a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay with funky-looking dashboard design, dual-tone upholstery, ambient lighting, and the semi-digital instrument cluster. The cabin will have enough space to easily accommodate five passengers in total.
Mechanically, the Tata HBX will be powered by the 1.2-litre Revotron petrol motor that is seen on the Altroz, The engine makes 85bhp of power and 113Nm of peak torque. The unit will be paired to a five-speed manual transmission and is also expected to get an AMT as optional.
Thoughts About Tata's Upcoming HBX Micro-SUV
The HBX is expected to be placed below the Tata Altroz hatchback and will mostly become the brand's new entry-level model. Once launched, the Tata HBX will go up against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, the Renault Kwid, and the 2020 Datsun Redi-GO in the Indian market.