- 9 hrs ago New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Tata Motors Actively In Search Of New Partners In Passenger Vehicle Segment: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz India Sales Registers New Record This Festive Season: Here Are The Details
- 14 hrs ago New Bajaj CT100 ‘Kadak’ Motorcycle Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 46,432
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Contestant Uses Three Lifelines For Rs 40,000 Question, Quits The Game!
- News NASA confirms presence of water on sunlit surface of moon
- Sports Kind of toughness Mandeep has shown has rubbed on to others: KXIP skipper KL Rahul
- Finance How To Open Atal Pension Yojana Account Without Net Banking Or Mobile App?
- Technology Amazon.in Great Indian Festival Sale 2020: ‘Happiness Upgrade Days’ Offers On All Products
- Lifestyle Are You Making These Hair Oiling Mistakes?
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Tata Motors first launched the Harrier in India back in January 2019. The SUV featured the brand's latest Impact 2.0-design with a split-headlamp setup. Although it featured appealing looks, the SUV had a slow start in the Indian market as compared to its segment rivals.
After a disastrous April 2020 for automotive sales, the recent report showcases a decent increase in sales in the past few months. The Harrier SUV has registered 984 units sold during the last month.
To July 2020 sales numbers in perspective, the SUV registered 653 units during June 2020. This translates to an increase of around 34 per cent (MoM) Month-on-Month sales. When we compare the sales numbers to the same month last year (July 2019), the Harrier registers a (YoY) Year-on-Year growth of 25 per cent in July 2020.
The Tata Harrier primarily rivals the MG Hector, the Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass; among others in the Indian market. Initially, the Harrier was placed third in the list after the Hector and the XUV500.
However, during the current year, it has slowly but steadily beating the Mahindra XUV500 in sales. Out of its above-mentioned rivals, the MG Hector continues to lead the list as it registers 2,023 units sold during July 2020 — here are all details.
The Harrier manual variants currently retail between Rs 13.69 lakh and Rs 18.95 lakh, while the automatic models cost between Rs 16.25 lakh and Rs 20.25 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Speaking about the powertrain, the Harrier features a 2.0-litre ‘Kryotec' diesel engine. It produces 168bhp and 350Nm and comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional six-speed automatic.
Some of its features include projector headlamps, 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, cruise control, steering-mounted audio controls, 7-inch colour MID, climate control and a nine-speaker JBL premium audio system; among others.
In related news, Tata Motors is expected to launch a few new variants to both manual and automatic variants. The upcoming variant is expected to be placed in between the existing variants adding more flexibility to SUV buyers — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Tata Harrier Sales Increase In July 2020
The Tata Harrier is currently the brand's flagship model that features an appealing design and comes decently equipped with the brand's latest technology. However, the SUV is limited in terms of powertrain options as compared to its segment rivals. Tata Motors plans to address this issue by featuring a turbo-petrol engine in SUV soon.