- 1 hr ago TVS Apache RTR 200 Single-Channel ABS Variant Launched With Ride Modes: Prices Start At Rs 1.28 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Mobility Inaugurates Its First Dealership In Delhi: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago TVS Eurogrip Launches 11 New Tyres In India Catering To Two & Three Wheelers Segment
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- News TMC candidate list 2021: Emphasis likely to be more on women candidates
- Technology JioOS Explained: Is It A Threat To iOS?
- Sports India vs England 4th Test: Virat Kohli gets dismissed for duck for 12th occasion, claims unwanted record
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor Gets Emotional At Cousin Priyaank's Haldi Ceremony; Also See Pics From Beach Party
- Lifestyle Pink, Red, Or Green, Which Saree Of Tamannaah Bhatia Did You Like The Most?
- Finance PNB Housing Finance Inks Agreement With Yes Bank For Co-Lending
- Education Explore List Of Indian Universities In QS World University Ranking By Subject 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
The Tata H2X micro SUV concept was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show last year. The car has been dubbed as the Tata Hornbill. Recently, the micro SUV was spotted testing in India by MotorBeam. The H2X will be based on the new Tata ALFA platform.
From the spy pictures, it is clearly visible that the micro SUV appears to have squared-off wheel arches. At the rear, the tail-lights kind of looks like the one seen on the concept car. The car also gets a rear windshield wiper and the rear door handles are expected to be positioned on the C-pillar. Also, the split rear spoiler is missing as seen on the concept car.
As far as the exterior design is concerned, the Tata H2X gets similar styling as is also seen on the Harrier like a two-part headlamp cluster, LED DRLs, a slim front grille in a honeycomb design, etc. From the pictures, it is also visible that the H2X receives a sloping roofline and a rising window line. Dimensions stand at 3,840mm in length, 1,822m in width, 1,635mm in height and a wheelbase measuring 2,450mm.
The new Tata H2X is will sit below the Tata Nexon in the company's portfolio and is also features the Tata Impact 2.0 Design Language. On the other hand, Tata Motors has stated that the new H2X will get a 5-Star safety rating from day 1.
The new sub-4 meter compact SUV is expected to be based on the Advanced Modular Platform (AMP). This platform is likely to underpin all the other upcoming cars from Tata's portfolio. Mechanically, then H2X is expected to use the 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine from the Tiago paired. The engine will be mated to either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed automated manual transmission.
Once launched, which is expected to be somewhere in the second half of 2020, the Tata H2X will go up against the likes of the Mahindra KUV100, Maruti Suzuki S-Presso and the Renault Kwid.
Thoughts On The New Tata H2X (Hornbill)
The H2X / Hornbill, as seen in the spy images looks like a really interesting car to us. From what we know, the engine is nothing out of the ordinary, but the H2X will be as gorgeous as it can be. Watch the space for more!