- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Tata Motors has given the Indian market some of the safest cars scoring 4-star and 5-star safety rating awarded by Global NCAP. The company has chosen its social media platform to compare the safety standards of its cars against its primary rivals.
Tata Motors takes a dig at Hyundai by comparing the safety rating of it Tiago hatchback against the Grand i10 Nios model. The Korean hatchback was awarded a 2-star safety rating by Global NCAP and is being trolled by Tata Motors on social media.
The company tweeted recently saying "You can only wow some by just being grand on the paper. Make your drives #SeriouslyFun and awesome with the best-in-segment safety of New Tiago, rated 4 Stars by GNCAP."
Along with the statement, Tata Motors has also posted a photo where it showcases the number 2 and 4 written in roman numerals. However, the two is written in a similar font, which is used by the Korean automaker in their i10 and i20 models.
Speaking about the Tiago's safety rating, the hatchback has scored 4 stars out of 5 in the GNCAP crash test. It has secured 12.52 out of 17 for adult safety and 34.15 out of 49 for child safety.
On the other hand, according to the crash test results, the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS scored 7.05 out of 17 points for adult protection. While the hatchback got 15 from 49 points for its child occupancy protection.
The Tiago comes equipped with a host of safety features such as dual airbags, (ABS) Anti-lock Braking System with (CSC) Corner Stability Control & (EBD) Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, rear parking assist and more as standard.
In comparison, the Hyundai Grand i10 also comes packed with similar safety equipment. This includes dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD, a reverse parking camera with assist guidelines, a speed alert system, driver and passenger seat belt pretensioners & load limiters; among others.
However, according to the Grand i10's crash test result, the body shell and front footwell area of the hatchback were deemed unstable by Global NCAP. The results also showcased the adult crash test dummies suffering non-fatal injuries to the lower part of the body. While the child dummy suffered serious injuries to the head — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Tata Comparing Tiago & Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Global NCAP Safety Rating
Looks like Tata Motors is leaving no opportunity to highlight the enhanced safety offering of its models in the segment. The company has now compared the safety of the Tiago hatchback against its rival the Grand i10 NIOS, which has not fared well in the crash test.