- 1 hr ago Nissan Magnite India Launch Rumored By End 2020: Will Rival Toyota Urban Cruiser
- 16 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 16 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 17 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Technology Google Pixel 5, Pixel 4a 5G Massive Leak; Launch Set For September 30
- Movies Chinmayi Criticises Kangana Ranaut’s Views On Depression; Asks Queen Actress To ‘Take Help’
- Sports IPL 2020: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kings XI Punjab: Key battles, India timing, Live telecast, Live streaming
- News Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh to be first Rafale woman fighter pilot
- Lifestyle Ankita Lokhande Or Erica Fernandes, Whose White Saree Is Prettier And Who Pulled It Off Better?
- Finance This Pharma Stock Has Promising Outlook And An Upgrade From Sharekhan
- Education CISCE Compartment Time Table 2020 Released For ICSE And ISC Exams
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
Tata Motors will be introducing a new powerful variant of the Altroz hatchback in the Indian market. Called the Altroz Turbo, it is expected to arrive sometime during the festive season this year.
Ahead of the launch, the Altroz Turbo was spied testing on India roads. The spy images from Rushlane, reveals a mule without any camouflage and looks production-ready. During the initial launch of the Altroz earlier this year, the company had confirmed that they will introduce a performance version at a later date.
The upcoming variant of the Altroz is expected to feature a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine. It is the same engine that currently powers the Tata Nexon compact-SUV in the brand's line-up. However, according to earlier reports, the engine on the Altroz will be slightly detuned.
The 1.2-litre engine on the Nexon is already BS6-compliant. It currently produces a maximum power of 118bhp at 5500rpm and a peak torque of 170Nm between 1750rpm and 4000rpm.
Alternatively, it could also feature the engine that powered the Tata JTP models which were only BS4-compliant. It produced 114bhp and 150Nm peak torque. Either of these engines is expected to be featured on the upcoming Altroz Turbo variant.
The engine is expected to come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional dual-clutch transmission. Additionally, the Altroz turbo variant could also feature paddle shifters adding to the sporty feel.
The Altroz Turbo could also feature a few subtle changes inside and out over the standard model to tell it apart. This could be similar to the ones that were made to the JTP models with added trims and red accents.
Tata Motors is currently offering the Altroz in two engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission. The company is currently not offering an automatic transmission on the Altroz even as an option.
The hatchback features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
Once launched the Tata Altroz turbo will rival against the Volkswagen Polo TSI, and the upcoming next-gen Hyundai i20; among other turbo-petrol models sold in a similar price range. The company could price the new variant above the existing model and could be the new top-of-the-line trim.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Turbo Production Ready Model Spied
With a production-ready model spotted testing, Tata Motors is expected to announce the timeline for the arrival of Altroz Turbo in the Indian market. Turbo-petrol engines are becoming extremely popular, especially in lower displacements. The company aims to cater to the growing demand with the upcoming hatchback in the country.