- 26 min ago TVS Motor Extends Warranty And Free Service Period A Second Time: Details
- 55 min ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 1 hr ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen & Skoda Auto Provides Mobile Clinic Van Providing Medical Services To Villages
- Sports Prithvi Shaw special talent but needs to be more disciplined off the field: Wasim Jaffer
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus Live Images Reveal Minimalist Design
- News Vikas Dubey encounter: Here's who said what
- Movies Producer-Actor Rockline Venkatesh Admitted To Bengaluru Hospital
- Finance Mutual Fund Interest Is Slowing And It’s Worrisome
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor’s Statement Dresses Are Perfect For OOTD-worthy Moments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Tata Altroz turbo-petrol variant production will start soon after the Covid-19 lockdown is lifted in the country. During the launch of the Altroz, the company had confirmed that they will introduce a performance version of the premium hatchback at a later date.
According to the TeamBHP, the Tata Altroz will feature a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine that will produce 99bhp and 141Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional dual-clutch transmission. Whether the Altroz turbo variant will feature paddle shifters remains to be seen.
Apart from the upcoming turbo-petrol engine, the Tata Altroz is offered with two other engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission. As is, the automatic transmission is unavailable.
The Tata Altroz is the company's first offering in the premium hatchback segment in the country. The current segment leaders are the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Hyundai Elite i20. However, the Altroz is slowly catching up with its rivals because of its unique and modern design.
The Altroz is the first of the company's models to feature the brand's ALFA architecture and also features Tata's Impact 2.0 design language. The bold shoulder lines give the hatchback an appealing stance that helps it stand apart from its rivals.
The hatchback features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
The highlight of the Tata Altroz features is its doors that open to 90 degrees. This makes for easy ingress and egress. The interiors of the Altroz feature a premium look and feel with soft-touch materials placed across the cabin, and offers fantastic space for the driver and the front passenger.
Safety features on the Tata Altroz include ABS with EBD, corner stability control, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, a high-speed alert system, an engine immobilizer, and an anti-glare IRVM. The premium hatchback also features cruise control.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol
The premium hatchback segment is one of the most competitive segments in the country. Buyers in this segment look for class-leading features and performance. With the upcoming turbo-petrol engine, we expect the Altroz to increase its reach by catering to a wider audience in the segment.