- 21 min ago Maruti Suzuki Dispatches 6.70 Lakh Cars Via Indian Railways In Over Six Years
- 39 min ago Maruti WagonR Electric Hatchback Spied Testing Once Again In India
- 1 hr ago BS4 Vehicles Sold After March 31 Deadline Cannot Be Registered Says Supreme Court
- 1 hr ago Skoda Kamiq Snapped Testing Once Again In India: Here's Everything You Need To Know
- News Congress slams Centre, says govt is silent on US deportation threat
- Movies David Schwimmer Wanted To Work With A More Diverse Cast On Friends
- Finance CG Power Shares Locked In 5% Lower Circuit After Yes Bank Sells Part Stake
- Sports Sophie Devine appointed full-time captain of New Zealand women's cricket team
- Technology Redmi Note 9 India Launch Likely Set For This Month
- Lifestyle Designer Neeta Lulla Shares Interesting Details About Sridevi’s Costumes In A Movie On Her Instagram
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Tata Motors sales report for the month of May 2020 has been released. As per the sales report, the new Tata Altroz has registered sales of 1,379 units of sales. This has allowed it to overtake the likes of other popular models such as the Hyundai Elite i20, Volkswagen Polo and Toyota Glanza in the premium hatchback segment of the Indian market.
The Tata Altroz is now the second best-selling premium hatchback in the Indian market, a position previously held by the Hyundai Elite i20. The top spot, however, continues to be held by the Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
The premium hatchback from Maruti Suzuki registered 1,587 units of sales last month to cement its place at the top. Although compared to its sales in May 2019 which closed at 15,176 units, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno has registered a massive drop of 90 per cent.
The Volkswagen Polo registered 1,126 units of sales in May 2020, to close in the third position. The Polo was recently updated, which has allowed it to register decent sales in the Indian market. The hatchback did, however, manage to register a 24 per cent decline in its year-on-year sales, dropping from 1,484 units of sales in May 2019.
The Hyundai Elite i20, similar to its rival the Maruti Baleno has registered a 90% drop in sales in the previous month of May 2020. The Korean manufacturer managed to register just 878 units of sales last month, compared to 8,958 units during the same period last year.
The Toyota Glanza sales fell to the fifth position in the segment. The rebadged version of the Maruti Baleno which registered decent sales of 2,142 units in May 2019, fell by 76 per cent to record just 507 units last month.
The Ford Freestyle and the Honda Jazz completed the list, with the Freestyle registering just 57 units of sales. Honda has discontinued the Jazz temporarily in the Indian market, as they are working on introducing the BS6 model. The new Honda Jazz BS6 model has been teased on multiple occasions and is expected to be introduced soon — here are the details.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Sales In India During May 2020
The Tata Altroz is the latest product from the brand and is also their first premium hatchback offering in the Indian market. The Altroz has also become the brand's best-selling model in the month of May 2020, overtaking its sibling the Tata Tiago.