- 1 min ago Ducati Multistrada 950 Gets A White Colour Scheme: India Launch Soon
- 46 min ago Mercedes-Benz S-Class 2021 Models To Feature 12.8-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System: Details
- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen & Skoda Auto Provides Mobile Clinic Van Providing Medical Services To Villages
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Vespa VXL & SXL Facelift Models Pre Bookings Commence Ahead Of Launch
- Technology Joker Malware Spotted Once Again On Google Play: Should You Worry?
- Movies Karan Patel On Wife Ankita's Miscarriage: Luckily For Me, Ankita Was Stronger One; Solid Hai Woh!
- News SC rejects plea on claim about therapy to deal with COVID-19
- Finance Mutual Fund Interest Is Slowing And It’s Worrisome
- Sports Sourav Ganguly files: 'Greg Chappell was not alone in sacking me and thwarting my 2007 World Cup dream'
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor’s Statement Dresses Are Perfect For OOTD-worthy Moments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Tata Motors sales report for the month of May 2020 has been released. As per the sales report, the new Tata Altroz has registered sales of 1,379 units of sales. This has allowed it to overtake the likes of other popular models such as the Hyundai Elite i20, Volkswagen Polo and Toyota Glanza in the premium hatchback segment of the Indian market.
The Tata Altroz is now the second best-selling premium hatchback in the Indian market, a position previously held by the Hyundai Elite i20. The top spot, however, continues to be held by the Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
The premium hatchback from Maruti Suzuki registered 1,587 units of sales last month to cement its place at the top. Although compared to its sales in May 2019 which closed at 15,176 units, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno has registered a massive drop of 90 per cent.
The Volkswagen Polo registered 1,126 units of sales in May 2020, to close in the third position. The Polo was recently updated, which has allowed it to register decent sales in the Indian market. The hatchback did, however, manage to register a 24 per cent decline in its year-on-year sales, dropping from 1,484 units of sales in May 2019.
The Hyundai Elite i20, similar to its rival the Maruti Baleno has registered a 90% drop in sales in the previous month of May 2020. The Korean manufacturer managed to register just 878 units of sales last month, compared to 8,958 units during the same period last year.
The Toyota Glanza sales fell to the fifth position in the segment. The rebadged version of the Maruti Baleno which registered decent sales of 2,142 units in May 2019, fell by 76 per cent to record just 507 units last month.
The Ford Freestyle and the Honda Jazz completed the list, with the Freestyle registering just 57 units of sales. Honda has discontinued the Jazz temporarily in the Indian market, as they are working on introducing the BS6 model. The new Honda Jazz BS6 model has been teased on multiple occasions and is expected to be introduced soon — here are the details.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Sales In India During May 2020
The Tata Altroz is the latest product from the brand and is also their first premium hatchback offering in the Indian market. The Altroz has also become the brand's best-selling model in the month of May 2020, overtaking its sibling the Tata Tiago.