- 9 min ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- 44 min ago 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled: Improved Technology & Design
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- Movies Ali Asgar & Charu Asopa's Akbar Ka Bal Birbal Ends Abruptly; The Actress Says They Are All Shocked
- Lifestyle Bigg Boss 14 Wild Card Entrants Naina Singh And Kavita Kaushik Sizzle In Gown, Who Looked Better?
- Sports Ajay Jayaram, Shubhankar Dey out of SaarLorLux Open; in isolation amid COVID scare
- News Cabinet approves mechanism for procurement of ethanol
- Finance IDBI Bank To Raise Upto Rs 6,000 Crore From Institutional Investors
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Upto 50% Off On Laptops And Desktops
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
- Education TN 11th Supplementary Result 2020: Check TN HSE +1 Plus One Result 2020
Tata Motors has silently decreased the prices of its Altroz premium hatchback in the Indian market. Only the Altroz diesel variants have received a price decrease of Rs 40,000 by the company.
The diesel models are available in five trims levels: XE, XM, XT, XZ, and XZ (O). Except for the base-spec XE diesel model, all other diesel variants have received a price decrease. After the price decrease, the Altroz diesel variants retail between Rs 6.99 lakh and Rs 9.09 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The reason behind the price cut is yet to be known from the company. We expected it to be because of the rising demand for Petrol model of the hatchback over the diesel variants. The company could have decreased the prices to help boost sales of diesel variants of the Altroz.
The base variant of the diesel Altroz has priced Rs 1.50 lakh more than the petrol model of the hatchback. All other diesel variants are priced at around Rs. 1.20 lakh more than their petrol counterparts.
However, the price difference between diesel variants of the premium hatchback does not exceed Rs 70,000. The price difference between the base XE variant and the XM variant now at Rs 51,000.
The Altroz is offered with two other engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission.
The hatchback features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
In terms of safety equipment, the Altroz is offered with most features as standard this includes dual airbags, ABS with EBD and rear parking sensors with a camera. The Altroz has received a five-star safety rating by Global Ncap during crash-test making it one of the safest cars available in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Diesel Model Prices Slashed Across Select Variants
Tata Motors could have decreased the prices of Altroz hatchback to promote sales of diesel models in the country. The Tata Altroz is the company's first offering in the premium hatchback segment in the country. It rivals the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Hyundai Elite i20, the Toyota Glanza, the Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz in the Indian market.