- 13 hrs ago Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India Starting With AMG GLC 43 Coupe
- 14 hrs ago New Helmet Rule Imposed In Karnataka: Revised Guidelines For Children On Two-Wheelers
- 16 hrs ago Gemopai Electric Scooters Discounts For October 2020: Festive Season Benefits Up To Rs 5,500
- 16 hrs ago New TVS Ntorq 125 ‘SuperSquad’ Edition Scooter Inspired By Avengers Characters: Priced At Rs 85,992
- Education SBI Clerk Cut-off 2020: Check SBI Clerk 2020 Cut-off State-wise
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days End Date Sale 2020: Heavy Discounts On Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Lifestyle This Indian-American Girl Discovery Can Lead To The Development Of COVID-19 Drug
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 October 20 Highlights: Gauahar, Hina's Argue With Sidharth, Rubina Feels Disrespected
- News Law violations cannot be condoned under pretext of human rights : India to UNHCHR chief
- Sports Dynamo Kiev 0-2 Juventus: Morata gets Pirlo off to winning start in Champions League
- Finance This Realty Stock Zooms Most In Six-Months; Brokerages Positive On The Counter
- Travel Best Beaches To Visit In India In November
Tata Motors has silently decreased the prices of its Altroz premium hatchback in the Indian market. Only the Altroz diesel variants have received a price decrease of Rs 40,000 by the company.
The diesel models are available in five trims levels: XE, XM, XT, XZ, and XZ (O). Except for the base-spec XE diesel model, all other diesel variants have received a price decrease. After the price decrease, the Altroz diesel variants retail between Rs 6.99 lakh and Rs 9.09 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The reason behind the price cut is yet to be known from the company. We expected it to be because of the rising demand for Petrol model of the hatchback over the diesel variants. The company could have decreased the prices to help boost sales of diesel variants of the Altroz.
The base variant of the diesel Altroz has priced Rs 1.50 lakh more than the petrol model of the hatchback. All other diesel variants are priced at around Rs. 1.20 lakh more than their petrol counterparts.
However, the price difference between diesel variants of the premium hatchback does not exceed Rs 70,000. The price difference between the base XE variant and the XM variant now at Rs 51,000.
The Altroz is offered with two other engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission.
The hatchback features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
In terms of safety equipment, the Altroz is offered with most features as standard this includes dual airbags, ABS with EBD and rear parking sensors with a camera. The Altroz has received a five-star safety rating by Global Ncap during crash-test making it one of the safest cars available in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Diesel Model Prices Slashed Across Select Variants
Tata Motors could have decreased the prices of Altroz hatchback to promote sales of diesel models in the country. The Tata Altroz is the company's first offering in the premium hatchback segment in the country. It rivals the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Hyundai Elite i20, the Toyota Glanza, the Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz in the Indian market.