- 21 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 22 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Hunter Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- News As domestic flight ops resume, States issue SOPs for flyers
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Lifestyle What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Markets Next Week: Watch For These Factors
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd., has announced the restart of production operations in the country, post the relaxations in lockdown. The company announced that they have resumed partial operations at their Aurangabad facility, while their second plant in Chakan, Pune will begin from the 1st of June 2020.
The company's Aurangabad facility is said to have started work in a single shift. The company has readied a 60-point SOP (Standard Operating Procedure), ahead of reopening its facility. The 60-point SOP has been prepared after consulting medical experts and ensuring the government guidelines are being followed.
Employees returning to work must follow the standard operating procedure at all times. This includes measuring their temperature at home and going through a six-point health checklist before coming to work.
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India has also made it mandatory for all employees to wear masks when at work and even while travelling. Floors now come with a number of markers, which act as a guide ensuring social distancing.
Employees are also requested to download the ‘Aarogya Setu' app, to help contain the spread of the virus. Other measures also include an increase in the frequency of sanitisations, refraining from handshakes and regularly washing hands; among a host of other safety measures and guidelines.
The company has also allowed extended 'work from home' period for many employees. This helps keep the teams coming in to work small, further allowing the safety guidelines to be followed. Teams are also undertaking virtual training, while also being restricted from sharing tools and keeping personal contact to a minimum.
Apart from the restart of operations, the company also confirmed that production of the upcoming Skoda Superb facelift has begun. The new Superb facelift sedan is said to go on sale in India sometime by the end of May; alongside other models such as the Karoq and Rapid 1.0-litre TSI.
Thoughts About Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Restarting Operations
The company is the latest vehicle manufacturer in the Indian market to restart production operations, after a shutdown of close to two months, amidst the coronavirus pandemic. The company has now resumed its ‘India 2.0' project in the country as well.