- 5 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover Velar Launched In India At Rs 79.87 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Toyota Spare Parts Home Delivery Initiative Announced: Genuine Spares & Consumables Can Be Availed
- 13 hrs ago Revolt Electric Bike Bookings Reopen From June 18 In Six Cities: Here’s How To Book One
- 14 hrs ago Okinawa Scooter Prices Drop By Up To Rs 17,900: Here Are The New Model-Wise Price List
- Movies Super Dancer - Chapter 4 Judge Shilpa Shetty Kundra’s Wish Was Fulfilled When Kumar Sanu Sang Live
- Technology Amazon JBL Days Sale: Discount Offers On Headphones, Speakers, Earphones, And More
- Finance Fed Holds Interest Rates, Sees Faster Time Frame For Rate Hikes
- Sports Turkey 0-2 Wales: Bale misses penalty but sets up both goals in Group A thriller of Euro 2020
- News Sonia Gandhi took both doses of COVID vaccine, Rahul's jab delayed due to positive result: Congress
- Lifestyle Celebrating Pride: Monica Dogra From ALTBalaji's The Married Woman Gives Styling Tips To Ace This Month!
- Travel Madhya Pradesh Tourism Collaborates With The Vidya Balan-Starrer Amazon Original Film ‘Sherni’
- Education Study Abroad 2021: Check Out The Countries Reopening For International Students
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) has announced that it has rolled out the 500,000th made in India for export. The company has achieved yet another milestone by supporting the Make In India movement.
The milestone vehicle is a white Volkswagen Vento (Left Hand Drive), which is part of a shipment of 982 cars being shipped to Mexico from the port of Mumbai. The company has exported over 25,000 cars this year, despite the Covid-19 pandemic.
SAVWIPL started to export cars from India back in 2010. At the time, the company only exported 65 units of the India-built Volkswagen Vento for the South Africa market. Since then, the export operations have grown substantially in numbers and reach to other countries.
The ‘Made in India' vehicles built by SAVWIPL is now exported to 61 countries across South America, Central America, Africa, the Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, the GCC countries and to the Caribbean region.
The export operation plays a vital role in the company to sustainably manage production volumes with a healthy production share between domestic to export markets. It will help balance the company during an increase or decrease in demand for both operations.
The current year exports account for almost 45% share of production despite the challenging market conditions across the world due to the pandemic. This has helped the company to safeguard itself and its workforce from the volatile market.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, ŠAVWIPL said, "Exports are an integral part of our strategy and achieving five lakh units is a significant milestone for the company. Cars produced at the ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen manufacturing sites exemplify high-quality standards we pursue globally and in India.
The achievement gains more significance as we continue to export vehicles despite the current challenges in the industry on account of COVID-19 disruptions. Over the next years, we will be producing cars based on the new MBQ A0 IN platform with a high degree of localisation and will continue to explore exports markets for the India 2.0 products."
The company has also announced that its future range of products starting in 2021 will reach a higher level of localization of up to 95 per cent. The 4 new products developed for Indian Market from Skoda Auto and Volkswagen consisting of SUVs and Notchbacks will be evaluated for exports to similar markets.
Thoughts About The Skoda Volkswagen Exports 500,000th Made In India Car
The made in India cars from Skoda & Volkswagen has helped both brands sustain in the market despite the poor demand during the slowdown and pandemic. With the promise of increased localization on vehicles from both brands, it is expected to get more affordable to purchase in the country.