- 4 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 13 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) has announced that it has rolled out the 500,000th made in India for export. The company has achieved yet another milestone by supporting the Make In India movement.
The milestone vehicle is a white Volkswagen Vento (Left Hand Drive), which is part of a shipment of 982 cars being shipped to Mexico from the port of Mumbai. The company has exported over 25,000 cars this year, despite the Covid-19 pandemic.
SAVWIPL started to export cars from India back in 2010. At the time, the company only exported 65 units of the India-built Volkswagen Vento for the South Africa market. Since then, the export operations have grown substantially in numbers and reach to other countries.
The ‘Made in India' vehicles built by SAVWIPL is now exported to 61 countries across South America, Central America, Africa, the Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, the GCC countries and to the Caribbean region.
The export operation plays a vital role in the company to sustainably manage production volumes with a healthy production share between domestic to export markets. It will help balance the company during an increase or decrease in demand for both operations.
The current year exports account for almost 45% share of production despite the challenging market conditions across the world due to the pandemic. This has helped the company to safeguard itself and its workforce from the volatile market.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, ŠAVWIPL said, "Exports are an integral part of our strategy and achieving five lakh units is a significant milestone for the company. Cars produced at the ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen manufacturing sites exemplify high-quality standards we pursue globally and in India.
The achievement gains more significance as we continue to export vehicles despite the current challenges in the industry on account of COVID-19 disruptions. Over the next years, we will be producing cars based on the new MBQ A0 IN platform with a high degree of localisation and will continue to explore exports markets for the India 2.0 products."
The company has also announced that its future range of products starting in 2021 will reach a higher level of localization of up to 95 per cent. The 4 new products developed for Indian Market from Skoda Auto and Volkswagen consisting of SUVs and Notchbacks will be evaluated for exports to similar markets.
Thoughts About The Skoda Volkswagen Exports 500,000th Made In India Car
The made in India cars from Skoda & Volkswagen has helped both brands sustain in the market despite the poor demand during the slowdown and pandemic. With the promise of increased localization on vehicles from both brands, it is expected to get more affordable to purchase in the country.