- 29 min ago Ford India Halts Production Due To Semiconductor Shortage: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago Honda Grazia 125 Sports Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 82,564
- 1 hr ago 2021 Moto Guzzi V85 TT Globally Revealed: Features Slight Improvements & Updated Electronics
- 2 hrs ago New Lexus LS500 Nishijin Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.22 Crore
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan's Energy Levels Are Better Than Those Of People Half His Age: Anand Pandit
- News 'Free to join any party': Team Rajinikanth after some members switch to DMK
- Lifestyle Dear Men, Here 11 Important Things That You Might Not Be Knowing About Your Girlfriend
- Finance Doorstep Banking Services From Nationalised Banks: How To Register?
- Education IIFT MBA Admit Card 2021 Released At iift.nta.nic.in
- Sports Sindhu and Saina look for better show after listless display in first event of Asia leg
- Technology BSNL To Offer Its Services In Delhi And Mumbai From March 1: Report
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Skoda will soon launch a new SUV that is specifically made for the Indian market. The SUV was unveiled in its concept form earlier this year called the Vision IN. The Vision IN will be the brand's new entry-level mid-size SUV placed below the Karoq in the country.
Ahead of its launch, the SUV has been spotted several times testing in the country. The latest set of spy images reveals the Vision IN testing in Mumbai with complete camouflage. The SUV is using camouflage to hide the design and crease lines of the upcoming SUV.
Although the images do not reveal many details, we could notice the new 5-spoke alloy wheel design. The test mule spotted seems to be in its near production-ready form and is expected to come packed with features.
The upcoming Skoda Vision IN is expected to be largely similar to the Skoda Kamiq, which is currently being sold in international markets. Earlier reports suggest that the Vision IN could be named the Kosmiq when launched in India.
The Skoda Vision IN is expected to be offered with two engine options: a 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol units. However, the 1.0-litre unit could be offered on the entry-level trims of the SUV to help price it aggressively against segment rivals.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer the six-speed torque converter unit as an option.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The new Vision IN SUV is expected to come packed with a host of features. This includes a LED headlamps and taillamps, a large touchscreen infotainment system supporting Android Auto, Apple CarPlay.
The upcoming SUV is also expected to feature some form of connected technology, along with a fully-digital instrument cluster, a panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless charging and blind-spot monitoring; among others.
The upcoming Vision IN aka Kosmiq will be the first model launching under the Skoda-Volkswagen's ‘India 2.0' project. The Vision IN will be using the MQB A0 IN platform that is tailor-made for the Indian market offering more cabin space. Skoda is expected to launch the Vision IN sometime next year in the market.
Thoughts About The Skoda Vision IN Spotted Testing In Mumbai Ahead Of India Launch
The Skoda Vision IN based SUV's testing seems to be in full swing as the company looks to introduce the product soon. The upcoming SUV will be the first model from the brand that will be made for the Indian market. As a result, we can expect Skoda to price the new SUV aggressively to attract more buyers.