- 4 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: All The Two-Wheeler Highlights From The Week Passed By!
- 21 hrs ago KTM 250 Adventure Vs 390 Adventure: Which Of The Siblings Should You Consider?
- 23 hrs ago MoRTH: Only BIS-Certified Helmets (With ISI Mark) To Be Sold In India From 1st Of June 2021
- 1 day ago Ather 450 Electric Scooter Discontinued: Also Introduces Pre-Owned Vehicle Sales Program
- News UP registers first case under new anti-conversion law in Bareilly district
- Finance Burger King IPO: Should You Invest?
- Sports India vs Australia, 2nd ODI: Hardik Pandya bowls for first time in over a year
- Technology Last Lunar Eclipse Of 2020: How To Watch November Lunar Eclipse
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga’s Exotic Make-Up Look Marked By Three Eye Shadow Colours Is Striking!
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 4: Jabardasth Avinash To Bid Goodbye To Nagarjuna Akkineni’s Show?
- Education MHT CET Topper 2020: Explore Topper Of MHT CET 2020 PCB And PCM
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In December
Skoda will be launching a new SUV codenamed Vision IN in the Indian market. The Vision IN will be the brand's mid-size SUV, which is specifically designed for the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, the Skoda Vision IN has been spotted testing for the first time in the country.
Spy images from Cardekho reveal a completely camouflaged mule testing. Although not many details were revealed from the spy images because of the camouflage, we noticed a 5-spoke alloy wheel with a gunmetal grey finish.
The test mule spotted seems to be in its near production-ready form and is expected to come packed with features. The Vision IN will be largely similar to the Skoda Kamiq, which is currently being sold in international markets.
Recent reports suggest that the Vision IN could be named the Kosmiq by the brand when launched in the Indian market. The company is expected to launch the Vision IN sometime next year.
The Skoda Vision IN is expected to be offered with two engine options: a 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol units. However, the 1.0-litre unit could be offered on the entry-level trims of the SUV to help price it aggressively against segment rivals.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer the six-speed torque converter unit as an option.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The upcoming Vision IN SUV will be the first model launching from the ‘India 2.0' project. This means that the Vision IN SUV will be built on the brand's MQB A0 IN platform that is specifically made for the Indian market to offer more cabin space.
This particular platform underpins a host of models from Skoda and Volkswagen including the newly launched Karoq and T-Roc SUVs from both brands respectively. The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun SUV will also feature the same platform as well.
The new Vision IN SUV is expected to come packed with a host of features. This includes a LED headlamps and taillamps, a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest connected technology, a fully-digital instrument cluster, a panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless charging and blind-spot monitoring; among others.
Thoughts About The Skoda Vision IN Spotted Testing For First Time In India Ahead Of Launch
Skoda is eager to join the segment with the latest Vision IN SUV that is specifically made for the Indian market. Once launched, Vision IN will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the Nissan Kicks, each offering unique features to buyers in the segment.