- 5 hrs ago Ampere EV Scooters Prices Drop By Rs 9,000 After FAME 2 Subsidy — Model-Wise Price List
- 6 hrs ago India’s Largest Solar Car Park In Pune Setup By Tata Motors: Here Are All The Details
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Unveiled In India — India’s First Hybrid Scooter
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar Bookings, Waiting Period & Delivery Details: Know Which Variant Has More Demand
- Technology Fathers Day Gift Ideas Best Premium Smartphones To Gift Your Father
- News Happy Father's Day 2021: Date, Wishes, Quotes, Messages, WhatsApp Status From Daughter and Son
- Sports Euro 2020: Croatia 1-1 Czech Republic: Perisic salvages a point after controversial Schick penalty
- Finance 2 Upcoming IPOs In June, July
- Movies Pandya Store Fame Akshay Kharodia Shares Pictures From His Haldi Ceremony On His Social Media
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day 2021: Effective Yoga Poses For Cold And Flu
- Education REET 2021 Exam To Be Held On September 26: Education Minister
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
Skoda will be launching a new SUV codenamed Vision IN in the Indian market. The Vision IN will be the brand's mid-size SUV, which is specifically designed for the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, the Skoda Vision IN has been spotted testing for the first time in the country.
Spy images from Cardekho reveal a completely camouflaged mule testing. Although not many details were revealed from the spy images because of the camouflage, we noticed a 5-spoke alloy wheel with a gunmetal grey finish.
The test mule spotted seems to be in its near production-ready form and is expected to come packed with features. The Vision IN will be largely similar to the Skoda Kamiq, which is currently being sold in international markets.
Recent reports suggest that the Vision IN could be named the Kosmiq by the brand when launched in the Indian market. The company is expected to launch the Vision IN sometime next year.
The Skoda Vision IN is expected to be offered with two engine options: a 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol units. However, the 1.0-litre unit could be offered on the entry-level trims of the SUV to help price it aggressively against segment rivals.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer the six-speed torque converter unit as an option.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI EVO four-cylinder engine currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
The upcoming Vision IN SUV will be the first model launching from the ‘India 2.0' project. This means that the Vision IN SUV will be built on the brand's MQB A0 IN platform that is specifically made for the Indian market to offer more cabin space.
This particular platform underpins a host of models from Skoda and Volkswagen including the newly launched Karoq and T-Roc SUVs from both brands respectively. The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun SUV will also feature the same platform as well.
The new Vision IN SUV is expected to come packed with a host of features. This includes a LED headlamps and taillamps, a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest connected technology, a fully-digital instrument cluster, a panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless charging and blind-spot monitoring; among others.
Thoughts About The Skoda Vision IN Spotted Testing For First Time In India Ahead Of Launch
Skoda is eager to join the segment with the latest Vision IN SUV that is specifically made for the Indian market. Once launched, Vision IN will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the Nissan Kicks, each offering unique features to buyers in the segment.