- 7 min ago Indian Two-Wheeler Sales Will Decline Drastically Due To The COVID-19 Pandemic
- 1 hr ago MG Motor's Plan Of Launching The Hector Plus And Gloster Remains Unchanged
- 1 hr ago Tata Group To Set up A Hospital In Kasaragod With Quarantine Facilities
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio BS6 Specification Revealed — Will be Available In Four Variants
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Untouched For 24 Straight Days Even As Demand Slids Over 50%
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Premium Smartphones To Buy In India In April 2020
- News 'Your leadership helping Humanity': Donald Trump thanks Modi for supplying Hydroxychloroquine to US
- Movies Varun Dhawan Joins Hands With Flipkart And Launches A Stay-At-Home Reality Show
- Lifestyle Lockdown Fitness: Home Exercises To Help You Burn Calories
- Sports Neymar welcome anytime at Barca, says Suarez
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In April
- Education CBSE Academic Calendar 2020-21 For Class 1 To 12
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India recently held a media meet, unveiling a number of their upcoming products for the Indian market. One of the main highlights of the recently concluded event was the unveiling of the Vision IN Concept.
The new Skoda Vision IN Concept is based on Volkswagen's latest MQB A0 IN platform similar to the upcoming Taigun SUV; also showcased alongside the Vision IN - here are the details. The MQB A0 IN platform is the Indian-spec version of the global MQB A0 architecture, which will be incorporated for all future SUVs from the brand in the Indian market.
The Skoda Vision IN Concept has been confirmed for the Indian market, with the production-spec model expected to be unveiled by end-2020; with a possible launch in early-2021.
Bernhard Maier, ŠKODA CEO, stated:
"India is one of the most exciting and most promising growth markets for Volkswagen Group. A year and a half ago, we set the course to help write this story of growth with our INDIA 2.0 project. Together with the Volkswagen brand, we are seeking a combined market share of five per cent by 2025, depending on market and segment development."
"For ŠKODA, India would thus become one of the five largest markets in the world. The first models being developed as part of the INDIA 2.0 project are on the home stretch, and — by unveiling the ŠKODA VISION IN — we are giving a concrete preview of the first production car."
Adding to this, Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director of ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited, commented:
"For us, localisation is the key to success and by opening our Technology Centre in Pune we have created the necessary conditions for this. In the localised MQB-A0-IN variant of the MQB, we now also have the technical prerequisite to offer state-of-the-art, attractive vehicles: they fulfil the latest safety and emission requirements for the Indian market, are in line with our customers' tastes and are tailored to their needs."
The production-spec version of the Skoda Vision IN Concept will feature the same 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine as on the Volkswagen Taigun. The petrol engine will produce 150bhp of maximum power output and is expected to be offered with both a manual and a seven-speed DSG gearbox options.
The production-spec Skoda Vision IN will also come with a host of features and equipment. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, all-digital instrument cluster, smartphone connectivity, LED lighting all around, sleek design, sharp lines, stylish alloy wheels and a very stylish, modern and upright stance.
Apart from the Skoda Vision IN Concept, the Czech carmaker also announced that their stall at the 2020 Auto Expo will feature a number of other products as well.
This includes the L&K variants of the Kodiaq and Superb powered by a new 2.0-litre TSI engine, 1.0-litre TSI powered Rapid in its Monte Carlo and Matte Concept trims, 2.0-litre Superb Sportline and the much-awaited Octavia RS 245.
Thoughts On The Skoda Vision IN Concept Car
The 2020 Auto Expo is around the corner and Skoda has unveiled their all-new Vision IN Concept. The Concept car gives us a glimpse of the upcoming mid-size SUV offering from Skoda in the Indian market as part of the ‘India 2.0' project.
The production-spec of the Skoda Vision IN Concept once launched in the Indian market will rival its cousin, the Volkswagen Taigun, along with the Kia Seltos and the 2020 Hyundai Creta.