- 3 hrs ago Best-Selling MPV In India For July 2020: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 Register Over 10,000 Units Of Sales
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Reveals Interior Details Of The Magnite Concept Compact SUV: Details & Specifications
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Marazzo BS6 Model Dispatch Could Have Begun In India Ahead Of Launch
- 6 hrs ago Tata Harrier Sales Increases In July 2020: Registers 33 Percent Increase Last Month
- Sports Strasbourg confirm four new positive coronavirus cases as Ligue 1 return looms
- Movies Mamangam Actress Prachi Tehlan To Tie The Knot Soon!
- News Can you get the coronavirus from secondhand smoke?
- Lifestyle 6 Different Ways To Style Your Bangs
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M51 With 25W Fast-Charging Likely To Debut Next Month
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Finance India's Unemployment Rate Improves In July To Pre-COVID Levels
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Skoda Auto recently launched the 2020 Rapid in the Indian market. The car now comes with a petrol-only format and features the 1.0-litre TSI unit, borrowed from the Volkswagen Vento. The new 1.0-litre petrol engine replaces the older 1.6-litre MPI engine.
Skoda launched the Rapid TSI model with a manual gearbox, however, the company is planning to introduce an optional automatic transmission also. According to a report by TeamBHP, Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda has confirmed that the Rapid 1.0-litre TSI AT would be launched in September this year and is expected to use a torque converter gearbox.
The 2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI manual sedan is offered with a starting price of Rs 7.49 lakh for the base ‘Rider' variant. The new sedan is offered in a total of five variants: Rider, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The top-spec Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo is priced at Rs 11.79 lakh (all prices are ex-showroom India).
The sedan comes equipped with projector headlights integrated with LED DRLs, LED tail lights, dark green-tinted windows, 16-inch alloy wheels, and abundant use of chrome across the various parts of the sedan such as the front grille and window line; among others.
On the Inside, the new Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates, flat-bottom steering wheel, leather upholstery, cruise control, semi-digital instrument cluster and more.
The 2020 Rapid is powered by a single 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The 999cc, three-cylinder unit produces 108bhp of power at 5500rpm, and 175Nm of peak torque at 1750rpm. The engine comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
Safety equipment on the Rapid includes multiple airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist, auto-dimming internal rear-view mirror, ISOFIX child seat mounts, rain-sensing wipers and a host of other features.
Skoda is also offering a four-year service package with the Rapid that includes a four years/ 1 lakh kilometres warranty, a 24/7 assistance centre to help during the breakdown, and a four year/60,000 kilometres maintenance package with service interval set to once every 15,000 kilometres.
Thoughts About The 2020 Skoda Rapid
We think that the Rapid with the automatic torque converter gearbox will be fun to drive around the city. The Skoda Rapid TSI goes up against the likes of the Hyundai Verna, the Honda City, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Volkswagen Vento in the Indian market.