- 17 min ago BS4 Vehicles Sold After March 31 Deadline Cannot Be Registered Says Supreme Court
- 33 min ago Skoda Kamiq Snapped Testing Once Again In India: Here's Everything You Need To Know
- 50 min ago Honda Is Likely To Introduce The Turbo-Petrol City RS In India
- 57 min ago Renault Offers Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits On Select Models In July 2020
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor Gives A Hug To Mom Neetu At Her Birthday Dinner, Karan Johar Joins The Celebrations
- Sports Suarez surpasses Kubala, Espanyol relegated
- Finance Tejas Networks Locked In 5% Upper Circuit On Share Purchase By Kedia Securities
- News Heavy rains in Uttarakhand trigger landslides, IMD predicts heavy to very heavy rains
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Urvashi Dholakia: Her Stylish Looks As Komolika From Kasautii Zindagii Kay
- Technology List Of Upcoming Budget 5G Smartphones In India
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Skoda is expected to launch the Rapid TSI model with an optional automatic transmission sometime during this year in India. The automatic transmission option is expected to be offered only on the top-spec trims of the Rapid TSI.
According to Carwale, the automatic transmission in question is expected to be a six-speed torque converter unit that is found on the Volkswagen's Polo and Vento models. Both brands share a host of components and platform between their models under the ‘India 2.0' project.
The Skoda Rapid TSI was launched recently at a starting price of Rs 7.49 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The 2020 Rapid is available in five different variants: Rider, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The company is expected to offer the automatic transmission options with the Style and the Monte Carlo variants.
The 2020 Rapid is powered by a single 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The 999cc, three-cylinder unit produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. The engine comes mated a standard six-speed manual gearbox, which will be accompanied with a six-speed torque converter later this year.
The sedan comes equipped with projector headlights integrated with LED DRLs, LED taillights, dark green-tinted windows, 16-inch alloy wheels, and abundant use of chrome across the various parts of the sedan such as the front grille and window line; among others.
On the Inside, the new Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates, flat-bottom steering wheel, leather upholstery, cruise control, semi-digital instrument cluster and more.
Safety equipment on the Rapid includes multiple airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist, auto-dimming internal rear-view mirror, ISOFIX child seat mounts, rain-sensing wipers and a host of other features.
Skoda is also offering a four-year service package with the Rapid that includes four years/ 1 lakh kilometres warranty, a 24/7 assistance centre to help during the breakdown, and a four year/60,000 kilometres maintenance package with service interval set to once every 15,000 kilometres.
The Skoda Rapid TSI will rival the Hyundai Verna, the Honda City, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Volkswagen Vento in the Indian market. Most rivals are offered with various engine and transmission options, unlike the Rapid's single engine and transmission option.
Alongside the Skoda Rapid TSI model, the company has also launched two new models to the Indian market including an all-new SUV, the Karoq. The new SUV is offered in a single trim and comes powered by a new 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine mater to a seven-speed DSG gearbox — here are more details.
Another model that the company launched is the 2020 Skoda Superb. The luxury-sedan is updated with a host of new features including new LED headlights, virtual cockpit instrument cluster, a new touchscreen infotainment system and more. The 2020 Superb is sold in two variants: Sportline & L&K — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Launching Later This Year
Skoda is expected to launch the Rapid TSI with an automatic variant soon in the Indian market. There has been a substantial increase in demand for the automatic variants in the country as it is convenient and easy to manoeuvre in stop/start traffic. The Rapid TSI automatic is expected to be the preferred variant when launched over the manual transmission models.